How do I file a complaint with Target?
If you have an issue with Target, either with a purchase, with a store, or with a member of the customer service team, here's how you can file a complaint with Target.
Before deciding to file a complaint with Target, you should first seek to understand where Target stands on such matters. Here is a summary of Target's policy on complaints and feedback:
- Target values all forms of feedback that will help it improve on its products and services. You can, therefore, be assured that they adequately deal with all types of complaints.
- Target would prefer for all complaints to be sorted out at local Target stores first. You should, therefore, strive to talk with your local store manager first, before opting for other channels.
- Access to information about previously made complaints can only happen through Target's website.
- Anyone who cannot be able to file a complaint in writing or a dissatisfied customer who has special needs is eligible to receive reasonable assistance from Target.
- Once you file a complaint, you are eligible to receive information that led to the conclusion of your complaint. Such information includes the results of any investigation or action taken by Target, action yet to be made by Target, reasons behind each conclusion and options that you may have as a customer.
- If your complaint warrants a formal investigation, especially if the investigation is lengthy, you should receive progress reports whenever it is practical to do so.
- The whole process of filing a complaint should be recorded in the relevant Target Store.
- Target should maintain the privacy of your complaint.
Where Do I File for My Complaint?
Target offers several channels of complaints. Here is a breakdown of those channels:
Through Your Local Target Store
- If you are at your local Target Store, you should ask to speak with the Store Manager. If the manager is not available, or if you cannot make it to your store, you can find a particular store's information on Target's website.
- Once you have the Store Manager's contact, make sure to call at an appropriate time to air out your grievances.
- Speaking to the Store Manager is most appropriate with grievances associated with services received from a Target employee or the cleanliness of the store. This is because Store Managers have no authority over the nature or quality of the products offered in Target.
Through Target's Customer Service Office
Target's customer service office is more suitable to deal with complaints addressing specific products or services such as online orders and registering gifts.
- You can choose to either call or email Target's Customer Care team.
- In your email or call, you should seek to address your local store's Supervisor.
- If you do choose to call, you should ask for a reference number for your complaint. This will help you in case your problem does not get resolved or if you have to be referred to another person or office.
- In both email and call, make sure you know the name of the person who is assisting you. Just like the reference number, knowing who exactly it is you are talking to helps you to track your complaint.
Through Your Local Better Business Bureau
Although not directly associated with Target, you can choose to file your complaint with your local Business Bureau. The bureau allows you to list your complaints, whether or not they were resolved. The Better Business Bureau has the mandate to take legal action against companies that have practices that may be deemed unlawful or unethical.
Additional Ways of Contacting Target's Customer Care Team
- You can post your complaint on Target's Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram page.
- You can also tune in to Target's channel on YouTube and see if any relevant content posted will help with your situation.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I file a complaint with Target?"?
After thousands of Target customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I file a complaint with Target? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Target if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Target Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Target in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I file a complaint with Target? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.