Ticketmaster is an online marketplace where tickets from various events from all over the world are bought and sold. Sometimes Ticketmaster has promotions which you can activate and participate in if you have a promotion code.
Using a promotion code can not only save you a lot of money on a ticket but it can also grant you access to some special tickets. In some cases, a promotion unlocks a unique ticket such as backstage passes.
Promotion codes can grant discounts that are as high as 50% off a ticket. However, the discount will usually vary depending on the promotion.
Some promotions on Ticketmaster involve cash back on certain ticket purchases. You can use the cash to buy other tickets on Ticketmaster or you can use it for something else.
Promotion codes are usually meant to be used on the site within a certain window so you should always know the code's redemption window. After the window is over, the code is completely null and void.
Keeping up with new promotions from Ticketmaster is the best way to get recent promotion and discount counts. You can set up an alert that automatically notifies you whenever there is a new promotion.
You should note that a promotion code may be for the same event but it will only work for only specific times of the event. Therefore, the date and time when purchasing tickets and using a promotion code are extremely important.
How to Redeem Promotion Code
The process of redeeming a promotion or discount code on Ticketmaster is the same through the mobile app, website and any device. What is most crucial to note is that you cannot include a promotion code after you have purchased a ticket so you should be very careful to do it beforehand.
The process of redeeming a promotion code when purchasing a ticket is as follows:
1. Launch your preferred browser and open the Ticketmaster website.
2. Select the event time and date whose promotion code you possess.
3. Select the interactive seat map to choose the seat you want for an event.
4. You will see an empty box named 'Offer Code' near the top of the page. This is the box where you should input your promotion code. Enter the promotion code exactly as outlined and press 'Enter.'
5. If the code fails, you should change the date and time of the event and try again. If it still does not work, you may have to contact the ticket seller and notify them that the promotion code no longer works. If the promotion code does work, it will be listed under 'Special Offers' on the next page.
6. Proceed to choose the seat you want in the event. The interactive seat map should help you find the available seats which are updated instantly when selected.
7. Continue with the ticket purchase process till the end. You should not confuse the voucher code box with the discount code box at the check out page.
If the promotion code is for a discount on the ticket price, you should see the reduction when paying for the ticket. If it is for cash back on a ticket, you should receive email confirmation of the amount to be debited to your account. It will take longer to receive cash back from Ticketmaster than receiving a discount.
If you have any problems whatsoever redeeming a Ticketmaster ticket promotion code, you should contact customer service immediately. Considering the time sensitive nature of event tickets, you should act as fast as you possibly can.
You will find their contact information here.
After thousands of Ticketmaster customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Redeem My Promo Code with Ticketmaster? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Ticketmaster if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Ticketmaster in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Redeem My Promo Code with Ticketmaster? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.