If you are a Time Warner Cable (now known as "Spectrum") customer with On Demand service, you are likely enjoying the extensive library of video content that Time Warner Cable customers have access to. This includes a lot of your favorite shows, sporting events and more. However, sometimes you need to know how to get out of the "On Demand" section of Time Warner Cable on your TV. We are going to help you do just that in this article.
First, we are going to describe what "On Demand" is for people very briefly so that we can be sure to help people to understand if this guide applies to them. Time Warner Cable's On Demand service is part of their overall Spectrum cable package for television. Spectrum is the new name of the Time Warner Cable company. Spectrum On Demand allows customers to access thousands of TV shows and movies. This includes shows from ABC, NBC, CBS and more. You are also able to subscribe to premium channels like Video On Demand, Pay-Per-View, and HBO. These include adult programs, movies, live concerts, special events, stand-up comedy specials and more.
However, all of that being said, we understand that you would like to get out of the "On Demand" section of your Time Warner Cable on your TV. We are going to help you just that in the guide below:
1) The first step is to determine whether or not you are actually in the "On Demand" section of Time Warner Cable on your television. To get to the "On Demand" section, you would have possibly pressed "Menu" on your remote control and navigated to "TV Shows, Movies or Video Store" using the arrows on your remote control and pressed "Ok/Select". Or, you would have pressed the On Demand button on your remote control. You can press it one time to access On Demand TV Shows, twice to access On Demand movies or three times to access the On Demand video store.
2) Now that you can confirm that you're in the On Demand section of your television (it is usually on channel 1), you need to get out of that section. What you're going to want to do is first try simply changing the channel. This can help you to exit the On Demand section by entering a new channel number.
3) If changing the channel does not work by entering a new channel number, try the channel up or channel down on the remote.
4) If that doesn't work, try pressing "Guide" on your remote and select a different channel that way.
5) If you still need help with this and would like to talk to a human at Time Warner Cable (now called Spectrum), we can help you with that. Click here to visit our dedicated support page where we will assist you with quickly connecting with a human in their customer service department.
After thousands of Time Warner customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Get Out of Time Warner on Demand on My TV? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Time Warner if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Time Warner in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Get Out of Time Warner on Demand on My TV? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
We created a free, impartial concierge you can speak to right now that can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet deals in your area. Are you already getting the best deal? Call now and talk to a real, live person who can tell you what promotions you are missing out on.Talk to Us Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies