How Do I Reactivate My Tracfone?
Reactivating your Tracfone service is usually as quick as buying a plan for your phone but there are occasional exceptions. Switching to a new phone may require calling Tracfone or visiting a Tracfone retailer. Keeping your phone on and checking that your payment was successful also helps in catching issues with your reactivation before they start.
In this day of overpriced cell phone plans, there's a budget-friendly alternative called Tracfone. Even then, there are times that getting phone minutes gets put on the back burner and your phone gets deactivated. Luckily, Tracfone makes reactivation as easy as buying minutes.
Steps for Reactivation
For your previous phone, you will need to have your phone's serial number.
- Go to tracfone.com and sign-in to your account.
- Inactive devices are listed below any active ones. Select the phone you'd like to activate and click on the activate button.
- Next, you'll be asked if you want to keep your number. Clicking No will prompt the system to ask you for the zip code where you'll be using your phone the most. Clicking Yes will allow you to keep your number.
- Next, you'll be asked to pick a plan, either pay as you go or smart phone only. You'll also be asked if you want to put your plan on autopay, which is not mandatory to buy your plan. Signing up will give you a small discount of about 75 cents.
- Entering your payment information means you're almost done with the process. You'll have the option of using what's on file or adding a new card to complete your purchase. Pretty cut and dry, right?
- Tracfone recommends that you keep your phone on so that it can receive the minutes.
- One way of verifying your payment was successful is by checking the payment history tab, a charge of zero means the purchase was unsuccessful and you'll need to try again.
- If you had triple minutes the last time your phone was active and you reactivate the same phone, then adding a plan will reactivate the triple minute benefit.
New phone only
- If you upgraded to a new phone which meant the SIM card was moved from your old phone to your new one, then you won't be able to activate the old phone. You would need to contact Tracfone to assist you.
- You can do a minutes transfer from your previous device to a new one, but it would need to be from smart phone to smart phone or non-smart phone to smart phone.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Reactivate My Tracfone?"?
After thousands of Tracfone customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Reactivate My Tracfone? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Tracfone if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Tracfone Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Tracfone in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Reactivate My Tracfone? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 2 years ago
Updated 2 years ago
Viewed 839,475 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
My tracfone is locked me out because my granddaughter put password and don't remember i...
I can't get My Account Downloader on my phone. It tells me Internet access failed.
The last e-mail I saw on my iPhone was on *******. The e-mails are not coming in anymor...
May *, **** I called to register a new NOKIA flip phone and to transfer the *,**** minu...
I cannot even make a call to customer service I was just trying to import my *number th...
Paying Too Much for Your Plan?
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Anytime: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies