Tripadvisor is an online travel review website where you can search for travel-related content, including hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions and more. When looking through the search results, there are three different ways you can filter your search: location, price and rating.
The location filter allows you to narrow your searches geographically, which saves time as most people know where they want to stay within a certain city or country when booking flights. The rating filter allows you to sort by the highest recommended results, while the price filter sorts by how expensive a trip is. When searching for hotels, you'll be directed to a page with a map of the area showing different hotels.
You can click on a hotel's name for more information, such as photos and reviews. Always check with other websites or travel agencies to find the best deals when comparing prices.
The process of booking a trip with Tripadvisor is very easy. You can search for the area you would like to travel to and find hotels or flights within the region. Or, if you have an idea of what type of hotel you want, you can search directly for that hotel's name on their website. Here are some basic steps you can use to book a trip:
1. Go to Tripadvisor's booking page.
2. Create an account or sign in using Facebook or your Google account to log into Tripadvisor with your information. Ensure privacy settings are not set to "Public" unless you want people to see your information on this website.
3. Fill out the fields for your accommodation and flight to your desired location.
4. Select the date you would like to travel on from the calendar icon at the top of the page and click "Select".
5. Once you have selected the dates, click "Check Availability". This will search all available hotels, flights and weekends within a region according to their availability for you to find that perfect trip.
6. You'll now see the availability for each search result. If you want to book, choose the hotel or flight that best fits your needs.
7. Check the final details and confirm that everything is correct. To confirm your booking, choose "Book Now". You can also cancel or change a reservation and add luggage fees to your reservation if you would like to pay for additional baggage.
In case of any problems during booking, Tripadvisor offers customer support on their website. This includes booking refunds, cancellations or changes. You can contact their staff on the website, and they'll handle your situation.
After thousands of TripAdvisor customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Book a Trip with Tripadvisor? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting TripAdvisor if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like TripAdvisor in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Book a Trip with Tripadvisor? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.