When you delete a Tumblr account, you relinquish access to to your blog among other features such as URL address and posts. This loss can be problematic for you if you accidentally deleted that account and want to restore it later.
Tumblr doesn't have an option for restoring deleted accounts. However, you can reinstate the blog website address which is equally important as your customers will be able to find you online. Take the initiative immediately to retain your original website address or URL. Sign up for your new account and start the process of editing your dashboard settings.
How to Restore My Deleted Tumblr Account?
1. Go to Tumblr website and click on on the sign up button
2. Type in your email address, username and password in the fields. You can use the same email address used on the deleted Tumblr account if it's the one you still want to be linked to that account. Click on the start button when finished.
3. Enter your age in the relevant field and follow all the prompts to agree with the terms of service. Click next and enter the CAPCHA code before clicking on Done. The actions take you to your dashboard page.
4. Proceed to check your email inbox for a new message from Tumblr. Click the link in the email to confirm your new Tumblr account then return Tumblr to dashboard.
5. Click gear icon on the dashboard then click on Untitled link to allow you access the settings of your blog. Enter your previous blog website address in the URL field and click save to effect that change to restore your website address.
In case you don't see the gear icon, simply refresh the page or log out and log in again. You can update your blog using the Untitled and choose a more descriptive name by clicking on your blog website address on your dashboard. Click customize and proceed to enter your text in that title text field. Click save to finish.
After How Long Can I Start Posting on My Restored Tumblr Account?
Once you have finished restoring your blog website address, you can start posting immediately. The whole process takes a few minutes to complete and you have your restored account.
You will have a new account running your old blog web address without any issues. Your customers can find you and comment on your posts. Therefore, it's better to restore your account than to start a whole new w blog address that may take time to get new customers or visitors.
Customers always choose blogs they are already familiar with and can follow you on social media and comment on your posts. Therefore, you are safer restoring your Tumblr account. If you have any problems or questions contact Tumblr customer support for further guidance.
What Happens to My Deleted Tumblr Account?
Once you delete your Tumblr account, it's completely or permanently lost. You can never restore that account. Your only option is to create a new account. You can search digital library to get a light history of your blog if the information is still there. Otherwise, the Tumblr account is totally gone.
After thousands of Tumblr customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Restore My Deleted Tumblr Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Tumblr if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Tumblr in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Restore My Deleted Tumblr Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.