How Do I Cancel or Change My Flight on Turkish Airlines?
Turkish Airlines is considered one of the leading airlines in the world. The primary mission of Turkish Airlines is to keep its passengers satisfied and happy all the time. To fulfill its mission, the airline invests a lot of money in its workforce, and every process is highly streamlined.
The Turkish Airline customer service team is always ready to guide passengers through every step of the way. The airline provides detailed guidelines on its website that help passengers book flights and check their flight status so that they can enjoy their trip.
But, what happens if you reserve a Turkish Airlines flight several weeks before and something happens on the day of your trip such that you don't have any choice but cancel your flight? How do you cancel your flight or how do you change it?
In this post, we look at the steps that you need to follow to cancel or change your flight reservation with Turkish Airlines.
Follow these simple steps to cancel or change your Turkish Airlines flight ticket:
1. The first thing that you are supposed to do is to navigate to Turkish Airlines official website
2. Once you land on the site, proceed to select the "Check-in/Manage Booking" tab.
3. After that, you will be required to fill in the "ticket number or reservation code" and then enter the correct "Passenger Surname."
4. After filling in the correct details, proceed to tap/click on the option next to the "Passenger Surname" option.
5. You will be redirected to manage bookings page which has several options relating to managing your flight booking.
6. In addition to the flight managing options, you will also see the option to cancel your flight booking. Be sure to click on that option and follow all the instructions provided.
Here are some important points relating to canceling/changing your flight booking with Turkish Airlines that you need to know:
1. For Turkish Airlines' international flights, you can't cancel your flight reservation, and if you do so, the company won't offer you a refund.
2. For domestic flights, you can cancel your flight and request a refund, but all collected taxes will be deducted from your refund. These taxes include ticketing fees and fuel duty.
3. Also, if you make any flight ticket cancellation on Turkish Airlines, then, the cancellation can't be made to a ticket which has a departure timing that is less than one hour.
If you have any questions or encounter challenges while trying to cancel or change your flight booking with Turkish Airlines, make sure that you contact customer service team, and someone will gladly help you sort out the issues.
If you have canceled your flight booking before being published, then you are entitled to a full refund under the company's refund policy. All you have to do is make a request online, and you will get your refund as soon as possible. However, if you have booked your flight for any of their international routes, you aren't entitled to a refund, and you can only obtain taxes.
Deductions that are made for a canceled flight ticket refunds are usually applied as per the company's cancellation fee chart and mostly depend on your routes or destination that you chose during your reservation. If you have any doubt regarding your cancellation fee or need assistance, make sure that you get in touch with the customer service team that will address your concerns.
After thousands of Turkish Airlines customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Cancel or Change My Flight on Turkish Airlines? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Turkish Airlines if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Turkish Airlines in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Cancel or Change My Flight on Turkish Airlines? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.