How Do I Reset My Username and Password with Us Bank?
Forgetting your username or password can make you not be able to login into your online banking account. If that is the case, you need to reset them using the above procedures. Your debit card number and pin will be required when resetting your username and password.
U.S. Bank is one of the largest banking institutions in the United States, with its headquarters in Minnesota. It has over 3000 branches, and over 4000 ATM's and as of 2019, it had over 70,000 employees. U.S. Bank offers various financial services including investment management, lending, depository, cash management and credit card services. The bank aims at satisfying all its customers at all times.
Online banking options are also offered in this bank. However, you need to have an online banking account. Every person using such an account is required to have a username and a password. If you forget your username or password or both, you can reset them via the online banking website or the bank's mobile banking app. Below are guidelines on how to do that.
How to Reset a Username and Password Using the U.S. Bank Online Banking Website
You will only require a few minutes when resetting your username and password using the U.S. Bank banking website. Below are the steps that you need to follow.
- You will need to open the bank's website and click on the "online banking" option on the navigation menu. A page will pop-up asking you to enter your username and your password.
- Click on the "forgot password" option on the left-hand side of this page. Also, fill in the security check box that will be just above the "forgot password" option. The security check box is meant to ensure that only humans use this website.
- You will be required to check the terms and conditions that govern the resetting process. Tick the "I agree to the terms and conditions" box and then click on the "accept" option on the right-hand side of the page.
- Enter your pin and debit card number when prompted to. Your debit card number is the 16-digit number on the backside of your debit card.
- Confirm if the number that will appear after the above process is yours. If it is yours, click on the "confirm" option. If it is not yours, contact U.S. Bank. A temporary password will be sent to your phone number.
- You will be required to enter the temporary password. Enter it and click next.
- Enter your new username and password and username in a page that will come up and click next. You will get a confirmation message telling you that your new username and password have been successfully registered. Open the bank's online banking website and enter the new username and password to check if they are working.
How to Reset a Username and Password Using the U.S. Bank Mobile App
You need to have this mobile app installed in your Smartphone for you to reset your online banking username and password using it. Follow the following steps during the resetting process.
- Open your mobile banking app and click on the "more" option on the right-hand side of the page.
- Several options will appear. Click on the "Forgot username and password" option.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and then enter your debit card number and pin when prompted to.
- You will be required to confirm your phone number. A one-time password will be sent to your phone number.
- Enter the one-time password when prompted to and then set up your new username and password. After receiving a confirmation that your new username and password have been activated, use them to login into your online banking account.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Reset My Username and Password with Us Bank?"?
After thousands of US Bank customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Reset My Username and Password with Us Bank? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting US Bank if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for US Bank Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like US Bank in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Reset My Username and Password with Us Bank? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.