US Mobile is a prepaid cell service carrier with some of the cheapest cell phone plans in the United States. The average US Cellular phone bill is $15 per month.
One of the most important services offered by US cellular besides cell phone plans and unlocked phones is voicemail. Being able to receive a message when you are unavailable can be very crucial.
Voicemails are limited in time but you can still get the recipient to call you as soon as they can. Without setting up voicemail on your US Cellular phone, you will not be using the service's full capabilities.
Having a voicemail will help in job interviews when you need a reply but are not available. It will also help to prioritize who you need to call back based on the importance of the message. The many benefits of having voicemail cannot be outlined here.
Unfortunately, setting up voicemail on a US Cellular phone is quite a daunting task. Unlike other cell service carriers which come with voicemail installed and only requiring activation, you have to set up your own voicemail when using US Cellular.
Setting up Voicemail
You must set up your voicemail only for the very first time that you intend to use it and that is it. the process of setting up your US Cellular voicemail is as follows:
1. You should first and foremost access your mailbox by dialing *86. You can also type your ten-digit wireless phone number and then pressing SEND.
2. If you dial the number directly from your mobile phone, you will be directed immediately to the initialization dialog. If you are dialing from another phone, you will have to press * so as to interrupt the greetings and then type 9999 as your access key.
3. Choose English or Spanish as your default language when prompted.
4. Set up your password. It should be four to ten digits long. The longer and more complicated the password, the better.
5. You will also be prompted to input your voice signature. It is recommended that you use a neutral phrase that you can enunciate easily for the best result.
6. You can then record the greeting you would like on your voicemail. If you do not want to record a greeting, you can choose one from the ones presented.
7. The final step is to simply start using your mailbox. You can use another number to call your own phone so as to ascertain that your voicemail box has indeed been set up successfully.
It is crucial to note that the system does not allow easy to guess passwords so if your password is too simple, it will keep rejecting it until you select one that is secure enough. It is an important step if you want to protect your mailbox.
If anyone gains access to your password and hence your mailbox, they may gain access to personal information. They can use the information to harm you in many ways.
If you want to access your mailbox from your Wireless US Cellular phone, then do the following:
1. Dial *86 or your 10-digit wireless phone number and press SEND.
2. Follow the prompts to enter your password and start using your mailbox.
If you want to access your mailbox from another phone, then do the following:
1. Dial your wireless number.
2. During the greeting, Press * and enter your password when prompted.
If you have any issues accessing your mailbox or simply want help setting up your voicemail, you should contact US Cellular customer support as soon as possible. They will be happy to help.
After thousands of US Cellular customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Setup My Voicemail on Us Cellular? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting US Cellular if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like US Cellular in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Setup My Voicemail on Us Cellular? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.