How Do I Change My Credit Card Information on My Uber Account?
Ridesharing services like Uber are a great alternative to public transit and you get to support independent contractors as a rider. Uber also makes it easy to update or add payment information if you need to do so. You can make these changes online or through the app if you're on the go.
It's no surprise that ride sharing has gotten to be a big industry in the past few years. Uber, one such company, has been around since 2009 and is a multi-billion dollar company. Creating an account is quick and easy and can be done on a computer and the app. What if you need to update your payment information while on the go, away from a computer? Luckily, Uber makes this easy to accomplish with its app. Read on to learn how.
Important FAQs about Updating Payment Information
- Although Uber does accept many payment methods including debit and credit cards and even bank accounts, a declined payment could cause you to be temporarily unable to request rides.
- You cannot edit a debit or credit card's number, only the expiration date, CCV, and the billing zip code can be updated.
- If you need to edit a card number, you would have to delete the old card first and then add the corrected number. Keep in mind that you will need to have one payment method on your account at all times. You would need to add the corrected card number before you can delete the old one if it's your only payment method.
- You can choose to either enter the card information manually or scan it, but cards with embossed numbers and letters are easier to scan as they show up even if there's a glare on the card's surface.
Add a New Card
- Open the Uber app and tap on Wallet and then Add Payment Method.
- Here is where you can enter the card information or scan it.
- If you manually enter it; the card number, CVV, expiration date, and the billing or postal zip code are all that's required. Tap on save.
- To scan your new card, tap on the camera icon and accept the permissions if prompted by your phone. Center your card in front of the camera so that all corners flash green. Add the expiration date, CVV and billing zip code. Tap on Save.
Delete a Payment Method
- In the App, select Payment from the menu.
- Next, select the card you'd like to remove and tap on the three dot icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Verify you'd like to delete the card by tapping confirm after you tap the Delete option.
If you have any questions, Uber has a help page and a twitter at @Uber_Support instead of a customer service phone number.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Change My Credit Card Information on My Uber Account?"?
After thousands of Uber customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Change My Credit Card Information on My Uber Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Uber if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Uber Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Uber in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Change My Credit Card Information on My Uber Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked a year ago
Updated a year ago
Viewed 786,378 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I want to quit my Uber Pass monthly billing.*I still use Uber Ride according to the ord...
My minor daughter has an account. She's **. Her phone number is **********.
hi, I lost my number for my account, I also forgot my password, and I was wondering if...
i need a ******* phone number to talk
I want to drive uber taxis for business purposes
Paying Too Much for Internet?
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies