Ridesharing services like Uber offer more convenience than calling for a taxicab since you can request, track and pay your driver from the same app. But what if your payment doesn't go through? We know life happens and it's not always easy to remember to update your card or make sure you have enough funds to cover the trip. Of course, the error could be a technical issue too. Life happens and here's how you can resolve an outstanding payment so you can get back to life.
Some Tips First
1. Check with your bank to make sure the funds are available
2. Check your debit or credit card to verify it hasn't expired yet. If it has, you will need to get a new one.
3. If you saved a bank account, it's possible that it was entered incorrectly and needs to be updated. This is tougher to prove since all but the last four numbers are usually encrypted once you save it.
4. Uber only allows riders to save one bank account at a time, so you'll need to delete the old bank information before you can add a different one.
5. If you continue having problems, contact Uber under their help section online or contact them here.
Resolving it With the App
1. Open the Uber app and sign into your account if prompted.
2. The app will then prompt you to pay your outstanding balance first before you can request another ride.
3. You can either use your current payment method, select another method or update it if the payment is declined again.
4. Of course, if your payment is declined it's suggested to try again with the app or attempt again on the website riders.uber.com
Resolving it Online
1. Sign into your account at riders.uber.com
2. From the menu, click on Wallet or Payment.
3. Update any or all payment methods. You can also add a new one here.
4. Next, select My Trips to review your balance and make a payment.
After thousands of Uber customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Pay an Outstanding Balance on Uber? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Uber if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Uber in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Pay an Outstanding Balance on Uber? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Call our Free Concierge and we will compare service and plans in your new home area and schedule all setup for the same day- free of charge! Get a better deal on all your services in 1 call, and let us make scheduling easy for you.Call Free: 888-959-6783Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers and schedule multiple technicians