How Do I Sign Up to Drive for Uber?
If you want to make your vehicle work for you, sign up to be an Uber or Uber Eats driver. For the flexibility to set your own hours and make extra money, go online and complete the necessary steps to sign up as an Uber driver. Once Uber has completed your background check, you'll receive a notification if approved as a driver.
Many people are looking for ways to supplement their income, and one way is by becoming a ride-share driver. If you want to use your vehicle to make extra money, Uber is one way to put your car to work for you. How do you sign up to drive for Uber? You can get information and assistance from Uber driver support here.
Rules and Regulations
Before signing up to be an Uber driver, you need to make sure you meet the minimum qualifications. These qualifications are:
- You must be at or above the legal driving age for your city or state.
- Drivers must have at least one year of experience as licensed drivers. Drivers under the age of 25 must have a minimum of three years of experience as licensed drivers.
- Your driver's license must be valid and in good standing.
- Your vehicle must be a four-door vehicle (this is for the safety and security of the driver and passengers). Note: If you are signing up to be an Uber Eats driver, you can have a two-door car or a bicycle to qualify.
How to Sign Up as an Uber Driver
To sign up to drive for Uber, complete the following steps:
- Open Uber's website in your computer's browser.
- Click on "Sign Up" to register.
- Click "Sign up to Drive or Deliver" on the next screen.
- Enter the following information, then click "Next."
- First and last name
- Email address
- Password (you'll need to create your unique password)
- Phone number
- Geographic location (i.e. eastern North Carolina, western Tennessee or another area)
- Invite code (if you were referred to Uber by another driver)
- Click "Next."
- Enter the city you will be working from.
- Choose if you wish to be a ride-share driver (carrying passengers), be a delivery driver (delivering food), or both. You also have the option to deliver with Uber Eats via bicycle if you don't have a car.
- Click "Continue."
- Enter the following information for your background check:
- Legal name (first, middle and last)
- Driver's license number
- State that issued your driver's license
- Current zip code
- Your full date of birth
- Your social security number
- Click "Continue."
- Click the box to receive a free copy of your background check.
- Tap on "I authorize and agree" to start the background check.
- Enter the following information about your vehicle:
- Vehicle Color
- Select "Continue."
- Download the Driver App on your Mobile Device.
Uber will review your documents, complete your background check and notify you via email if you have been approved as a ride-share or delivery driver. For assistance or have questions about driving for Uber, contact driver support here.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Sign Up to Drive for Uber?"?
After thousands of Uber customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Sign Up to Drive for Uber? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Uber if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Uber Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Uber in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Sign Up to Drive for Uber? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.