How Do I Troubleshoot the Uber Driver App?
When using a taxi service, Uber in particular, you need your applications to be functioning properly. However, as with any other technology, issues can always arise. Malfunctions and glitches are common in even the mightiest of apps. Technical issues in your Uber app may particularly be cumbersome since you fail to reach your destination and can miss an important event.
As an Uber driver efficient functioning of the app is necessary to do your job. The good news is that there are several ways you can restore your Uber driver app to full capacity by taking simple measures. Actions you can take to troubleshoot your Uber driver app include:
Restart Your Phone
Shutting down and restarting anything is the most common solution to technological problems for a reason: it works. The same goes for the Uber driver app. Most people will let the app run in the background and hope the system restores it to optimal capacity. A mid-ride glitch could cause an Uber driver serious problems. Restarting the app depends on whether you are an Android or iOS user. For Android phones:
- Press down and hold your Android mobile devices' power button.
- Wait until the device powers off. Five seconds should be enough
- After waiting the five seconds, press down on the power button until the phone turns back on.
For iPhone phones:
- 'Double tap' your iPhone's 'home' button. You will see an Uber App card displayed
- Swipe it and turn off your device
- Turn it on again and open up the Uber App.
Restarting your phone should work as a troubleshooting option but it is also a good idea to restart your phone before a trip to avoid issues mid-ride. However, this is only a solution to simple technical issues. If you have to do it too often, try something else.
Uninstall/Reinstall the App
If shutting down and restarting the phone does not work the next option you should try is uninstalling the app then reinstalling it. It is certainly a more tiresome option that rebooting your device but it will be worth it as it works more often than not. Taking the time is not a bad idea considering you make a living being an Uber driver. This option also depends on what type of device you possess.
If you are Android device user, the following steps will apply:
- Go the app on your phone and 'long-press' it. An 'Uninstall' option will appear.
- Select it and restart your device.
- Go to the Play Store app on your device.
- Search for the Uber driver app in apps & games.
- Download and install the app.
- Open the app and input your details. It should function well henceforth.
If you are an iPhone user, here are the steps to follow:
- Press and hold the app you wish to delete until all of the icons on the screen start to wiggle.
- Click on the 'X' symbol that you'll see on the top-left corner of the Uber diver app icon.
- Select 'Delete' to absolutely remove the application.
- Open the iTunes App Store on your iPhone.
- Go to Search, type 'Uber Driver' in the search field, and click on the cloud icon with the downward arrow to reinstall. Open the app after it finishes downloading and get to work.
Free up Space on Your Phone
Sometimes the reason your Uber Driver app may be functioning improperly is because there is insufficient storage space on your device. One of the ways to troubleshoot the app is to get your storage space uncluttered. The best way to this is to delete the apps and games you no longer use. You haven't used in 6 months, it should be deleted. Restarting your device after freeing up space is recommended.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Troubleshoot the Uber Driver App?"?
After thousands of Uber customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Troubleshoot the Uber Driver App? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Uber if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Uber Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Uber in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Troubleshoot the Uber Driver App? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 13 days ago
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I am unable to access my uber riders account , because uber keeps telling me that my nu...
I switched numbers, now my current number is already being used, as well as my email? Help
I. Want. To. Sign. Up. With. Uber. For. Meal deliverys. I. Need. Help. In. Sighnig Up.
It won't let me go through with the postcode when apply in the payment application
will not accept my new United credit card voucher info for ***.** and I had to pay from...