Uber pays drivers through a combination of fares earned from passengers and bonuses. When you first start driving for Uber you might have questions about how much you'll make and how the payout system works. This article will explain how Uber drivers get paid.
It's a common misconception that Uber drivers get paid by the hour or the mile. Uber takes out 20% of the fare as its commission, then sends the remaining 80% to the driver's bank account through Instant Payment. The company calculates what its drivers will earn on a trip based on several factors.
The first factor is the length of the trip — an UberPool ride that's longer than eight miles will pay more than an UberX ride of the same distance.
The second factor is surge pricing in place at the pickup time. If there is seasonal demand (such as during New Year's Eve), this can result in higher fares for drivers and lower fares for riders.
Finally, if you're driving with UberBLACK or UberSUV, your fare will be higher than if you were with UberX or UberPOOL.
Every week, Uber drivers receive a payment statement for the rides they've given over the past week. The statement includes payment for the hours worked and a breakdown of how much money each ride earned.
The statement will show:
As an Uber driver, you'll receive payment every week. You'll receive it on the same day as your weekly trip summary email. This email will also tell you how many trips are in that week's pay.
You'll be paid directly into your bank account every week so there's no need to worry about cash flow. You can also request Instant Pay at any time using the Uber app -- this feature lets you get paid instantly using debit cards or direct deposit.
Here are different ways Uber presents drivers' earnings:
1. You can see how much money you made on your last ride by tapping the Earnings tab in the app.
2. If you have access to your email, you can also see your earnings through a weekly summary email that Uber sends out.
3. Your earnings will also be displayed in the app when you open it up and tap on Payments. This section will show how much money Uber has paid out in total. The list will also show how many rides you completed and what percentage of rides were Prime rides. You can also see how many miles you drove during these trips.
4. Uber's Fare Estimate feature lets drivers know how much they'll make before they accept a ride request or even pick up their first passenger. This tool allows drivers to estimate their fares before accepting any ride requests.
The way Uber drivers get paid is pretty simple. You have to have the app on your phone turned on and open. When a fare request comes in, you accept it by tapping Accept. You'll see a map with a pin where your passenger is waiting for you, and you can pick them up. Tap End Trip to finish the ride when you arrive at their location. Uber will pay you into your bank account.
Uber drivers get paid, Uber drivers payment
After thousands of Uber customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do Uber Drivers Get Paid? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Uber if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Uber in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do Uber Drivers Get Paid? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.