Some people have experienced this problem. If you are a victim, don't worry, I have a solution for your problem. There is a high chance that you have a phone stability problem or you are not steadying your hand while scanning to get a clear picture.
What Do I Do If I Try to Scan My Credit Card with My Uber App and It Is Not Working?
First check that your scanner is giving you a clear picture of your information. If that's not the cause of the problem. The tips below will help you address the issue amicably.
1. First, uninstall or delete your Uber app to start the installation afresh.
2. After deleting the app, restart the phone to ensure all remnants of the app are gone.
3. Re-download your Uber app.
4. Open the Uber app.
5. Sign in to your Uber app account using your password and username.
6. Try scanning the credit card again. Ensure your hand is still or steady to be more effective.
7. Scan the credit card when the card is on the table or a flat surface and hold your phone above it steady to get a clear image of the card details.
I hope that finally worked. If you still have the same problem, you can try this manual credit card input method of your card details.
1. Sign in to your Uber app account and go to profile menu
2. Select payment
3. Under the Uber app payment methods, in put your credit card details then click save.
Now, you have captured your credit card details with Uber App and can proceed to enjoy their service.
Why Should Is Add My Credit Card to Uber App?
The Uber app can process payments for rides quickly and conveniently. Before you request a ride, you can add a preferred payment method using your Uber app. Your account has the payment details, which means you can charge your ride cost to the credit card at the end of the trip or ride.
How Do I Set up a Payment Account on Uber App?
There are three ways of paying for your Uber ride, cash, scanning your credit card or manually inputting your card information. Besides, you can add a PayTM wallet.
1. Log in to your account
2. Tap your menu icon then select Payment
3. Tap Add Payment
4. Choose your preferred payment method, you can add a credit card by scanning or manually entering your card details.
Can I Change My Default Payment Method?
Yes, later if you feel you want to change your payment method, you can opt to change it. Follow the steps below to change your payment method.
1. Tap the menu icon and choose Payment
2. Choose the preferred payment option
3. Confirm your location and request an Uber ride.
For security reasons, expect to be asked to scan your credit card image. This means the app will request permission to access your mobile device camera. The verification and scrutiny helps Uber update the account as well as verify your identity. You can scan your credit card by following the steps below.
1. Tap your account icon and choose payment
2. Select add Payment
3. Select scan my card
4. Use the mobile device camera to take an image of the credit/debit card, covering the 4-green corners.