If you have trouble using your Uber app, there are a few ways to resolve them. You can troubleshoot your problems in a few simple steps. If your app is not working, follow the following steps before trying to seek further help.
1. Restart the app
2. Try to use it again
3. Restart your phone
4. Reset your network settings
5. Reinstall your driver app
6. Log out of the app and log back in later
7. Check for software updates
When You Can't Contact Riders (from the driver app)
If you are unable to contact riders through your account, the problem may be with the phone number you provided. Check and ensure that the phone number on your account is correct. Ensure that it is not private or blocked. Fortunately, it is possible to resolve this problem by following these steps;
1. Click on your profile photo
2. Tap on the option 'Account' and then 'Edit Account.'
3. Click on your phone number
4. Enter your correct phone number and then 'Update Phone.' Double check to ensure that you entered the correct number
5. Click on the option 'Update Phone.'
You may be unable to contact riders if your phone is on 'Do not disturb.'
When the App Can't Determine Your Location
If your location setting is 'Off,' it may be difficult for the app to determine your location. You will receive an error message. Go to the settings options and then the option Personal (header). Go to the option 'Location' and ensure that you set your mode to High Accuracy.
Ensure that the app you are using is up to date. If yours is outdated, go to the menu option at the top left and then update it.
Network Error on Android
If your Android phone keeps displaying the network error message, try the following steps to resolve it.
1. Go to the Wi-Fi settings and turn it off
2. Turn off your Airplane mode in the settings option
3. Go to the settings option and turn on your Cellular Data. Go to the option Wireless and Network, more, Mobile Networks, and then Data Enabled.
If you follow these steps, the error should be resolved. If it is not, restart your phone and try again.
Network Error on iPhone
If your iPhone displays a network error message, follow the following steps to resolve it.
If the steps do not resolve the issue, go to the option settings, General, Reset, and then Reset Network Settings. This move may delete all passwords in your phone but it will solve the error.
When Your App Has No Volume
If you do not hear any noise from your app, it may be because your phone volume is on mute. You can solve this problem by turning up the volume. Turn off Bluetooth.
Before concluding that your Uber App is not working, you must ensure that your smartphone is working well. When you are sure that you are experiencing a problem with the Uber app, try to solve it.
Always check your social media platforms and forums. If there is a problem with Uber, there will be complaints from other users. Share screenshots of your problem and they may help you.
If you are unable to solve the problem, contact Uber Support team for help. They will provide you with a solution.