How Do I Recover My Ubereats Account?
At times, UberEats users forget their account passwords or lose access to their accounts. If this is you, here are some options for recovering your UberEats account.
Forgetting a password makes it hard to access an account. To recover your UberEats password, look at the steps below:
- Open the Uber app or type in Uber.com on your web browser.
- Select the login option.
- On the login page, head over to Forgot Password (just below the login form).
- Enter your email address and click on Confirm.
- You will receive an email from Uber with a unique link.
- Click on the link.
- You will be taken to another page where you will be able to create a new password.
Note: The link sent to your email will expire after some minutes, so do not wait too long. Always remember that you shouldn't share your account password with anybody. Uber and UberEats will never ask you to give them your password.
This method is only applicable if you remember the email ID you used to register the account. If you have forgotten both the password and the email address, you will have to contact the Uber Support representatives and confirm that you are the actual account owner.
It can take some days for the company to grant users access to locked-out accounts. Uber might not grant access to an account user if he/she does not have direct access to the email address they used in registering the Uber account. However, Uber decides whether to grant or deny access on a case-by-case basis.
Use the Uber Help Page
Given that you have tried to reset your password and it has not worked, or you are unable to access your UberEats account even after you have reset your password, you can visit help.uber.com
- Click on Account and Payment Options.
- Go to Unable to Sign In.
- Thereafter, click on My Password Reset Link Is Not Working. From there you should be able to find out the measures you can take to fix the problem.
How to Secure Your UberEats Account Information
Sometimes, UberEats users loose access to their accounts due to hacks. After you have been able to recover your account, you should take the following measures to protect it and gain peace of mind:
- Use a unique password that you do not use on any other website. Most hacked accounts on this platform are as a result of malicious persons hacking other online sites, not Uber. Given that you use the same password for UberEats as you do on another website that gets compromised, the malicious persons can also get access to your UberEats account.
- Use a secure password. The best password is at least 12 to 15 characters long, has a mixture of both upper-case and lower-case letters, and has alphanumeric characters.
- Ensure your email account is also secure. If a hacker accesses your email account, they can modify your UberEats account details.
- Lock your mobile phone. If your phone gets stolen, a lock-screen password will keep all your information, including your UberEats account details, safe from the wrong hands.
- Avoid leaving written passwords in plain sight. Though it might seem helpful to write down difficult passwords on a piece of paper, the paper can reach the wrong people. Keep your handwritten passwords safely hidden. You can opt for a password manager instead.
- Monitor your UberEats account history.
- Ensure your UberEats notifications are switched on to keep an eye out on illegitimate notifications.
- Check your email account. When you modify your UberEats account details e.g. resetting your password, Uber sends you a confirmation email. If you get a message like that one, but you haven't made any changes to your account, you might have been hacked.
- Delete any credit cards you no longer use that are linked to your UberEats account.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Recover My Ubereats Account?"?
After thousands of UberEATS customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Ubereats Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting UberEATS if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for UberEATS Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like UberEATS in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Ubereats Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.