We all love the modern convenience of ordering food straight to our doors but sometimes unpredictable circumstances happen in life and its nothing to be ashamed of. If you find yourself in a situation where you've ordered food from Uber Eats and need to cancel, don't panic, we've got you covered. Read on for steps you can take to recoup all or some of your precious hard earned money.
If you immediately decide to cancel your order, you may be in luck. The restaurant you ordered from might not have even gotten the order yet, if this is you, don't delay! See the detailed steps to cancel below, you might still have time to cancel for a full or partial refund.
If you've been mulling over your order for a while and are having buyers remorse but maybe enough time has elapsed for the restaurant to only see the order, you may still be able to get a partial refund. You'll likely be refunded for the delivery charge alone, restaurants would be hesitant to refund you for food that has already begun preparation.
At any rate, if you're canceling before the Uber Eats driver has possession of the food, you will likely get a refund. If not, you probably won't be able to cancel, unfortunately. Uber Eats likely will not reimburse you if you cancel last minute, as the driver has begun his or her route, it would be unfair to cancel at this point.
If you've exhausted your options or your app isn't working, you can consult our customer service directory page here for more information: https://gethuman.com/phone-number/UberEATS
Steps to cancel your Uber Eats order:
1. Open your Uber Eats app on your smartphone, tablet or device.
2. Find and press the orders icon on the app.
3. Select the order you wish to cancel, this will expand the information about your order and your order status.
4. Select the "Cancel Order" button. If you do not see this option, visit our directory page here to help assist you further: https://gethuman.com/phone-number/UberEATS
5. Once you've selected the option to cancel your order, you will be asked to cancel the delivery. Confirm the cancellation request by pressing "Cancel Delivery."