How do I recover my Ubisoft account?
If you are locked out of your Ubisoft account, or if you simply need to reset your password, we have the guide for you.
Do you love playing video games? Then you must be a big fan of Ubisoft, which is one of the leading video game publishers in the world. Headquartered in Montreuil, Ubisoft has established several development studios across the world.
Some of the notable video games that have been published by Ubisoft include Just Dance, Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's, and Far Cry. To register as a player on Ubisoft, you must sign up. Every time you want to log into your account, you will be required to provide a correct username-password combination.
This means that you can't access your account if you don't provide correct credentials. So, how can you gain access to your Ubisoft account if you have lost your password or email?
How Can You Gain Access to Your Ubisoft Account?
In the event you lose access to your account, Ubisoft customer support team will be glad to help you recover. You can contact them any time for instant help with getting back into your account.
However, if you are just having trouble signing into your Ubisoft account, try to clear your cookies and cache, use a different web browser, or utilize a private browsing window. When you contact the support team, make sure that you provide the following details:
- Ubisoft username
- E-mail address
- Linked account usernames
- Proof of purchase for any two PC games registered under your account
- Uplay ID that you can find on your computer ( c:\Program Files (´86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\user_profile
Alternatively, you can create a support ticket, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Follow these steps to create a Ubisoft customer support ticket:
- Go to www.support.ubisoft.com
- Once you are on the home page of the customer support page, click/tap on "Uplay Sign In" that is located in the top right corner of your screen and enter your sign-in credentials. If you're a new user and you haven't created an account yet, you will see the option to create a new account.
- Select the "Options" button at the top right of your screen. In the drop-down menu select the "Go To: Contact Support" option
- The support case page will open where you can choose how you want to contact support. You can either start "Live Chat" if it is within the listed hours of operation. Alternatively, select the "Email Us" option to create an offline support ticket.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the platform, product, and category
- In the "Subject" field of your email, make sure that you type a brief explanation of your problem: In this case," Account Recovery" will be more appropriate.
- In the "How Can We Help You?" field, make sure that you explain the problem in detail and provide as much information as possible. Provide the details listed above so that you can be helped promptly. You can also add relevant files such as images and screenshots to this section.
- Once you provide this information, you will be presented with a comprehensive list of possible solutions to your problem. If the suggest articles solve your issue, you should close the window and consider your case closed. If the recommended articles don't solve your issue, proceed to click on "Submit My Case" button to submit your issue to the customer support team. You can also click on the "Submit & Start Live Chat" if it is within the operation time. This option will submit your ticket and initiate a live chat.
- The last page to appear will confirm that your support ticket has been submitted successfully along with your reference number. Someone from Ubisoft will respond to your ticket as soon as possible via the requested method.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I recover my Ubisoft account?"?
After thousands of Ubisoft customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I recover my Ubisoft account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Ubisoft if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Ubisoft Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Ubisoft in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I recover my Ubisoft account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.