How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits with the Unemployment Compensation Florida?
Filing unemployment claims in the state of Florida doesn't have to be a hassle. Reviewing the FAQs on the State of Florida website or Connect Florida will provide up to date information and having your information ready to enter also makes applying more streamlined and less frustrating. And if you run into any problems, contacting them is always an option.
If you recently lost your job due to layoffs or any other reasons, this guide can make applying for benefits easier with the Florida Reemployment Assistance program. Simply review the tips and follow the steps outlined below and applying for assistance will be less of an inconvenience.
- Your job loss had to occur through no fault of your own, for example quitting without a good reason or being fired due to improper conduct.
- You can be completely unemployed or partially unemployed, which means your hours were reduced or you are working part-time and unable to find additional work.
- Your gross income is at least $3,400 during the base period before your claim.
- You must be willing to seek, be available for, and able to work.
- Your social security number
- Driver's license or state I.D. number
- Employment history over the past 18 months, including
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers for all employers during that time.
- The dates of your first and last day of work, estimations will be enough if you don't recall exact dates.
- Your gross pay before taxes and reason for job termination
- The FEIN number from your W2 or 1099, or use the details from a pay stub.
- If you're not a U.S. citizen, you will need your Alien Registration Number or work authorization form.
- If you work for the military, a DD-214 of any member copy 2-8.
- If you were a federal employee, then you will need to provide either a Standard Form 8 or 50.
- If you're a union member, then your union's name, hall number and phone number are needed.
- Your routing and account numbers if you'd like direct deposit, otherwise your benefits are put onto an RA debit card.
How to Apply
- All claims must be filed online at connect.myflorida.com on a laptop or PC. Read the brief paragraph and click on the checkbox before clicking the next button. You will need to check the box before the site will let you advance.
- On the next page is where you'll find any updates to the application process as well the options to start a new claim or create a new account if you already have filed your claim.
- Follow the prompts to start a new claim, or contact the Florida Reemployment Assistance Program here if you have any questions that you're unable to find the answers to.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits with the Unemployment Compensation Florida?"?
After thousands of Unemployment Compensation Florida customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits with the Unemployment Compensation Florida? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Unemployment Compensation Florida if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Unemployment Compensation Florida Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Unemployment Compensation Florida in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits with the Unemployment Compensation Florida? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Unemployment Compensation Florida
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 8 months ago
Updated 7 months ago
Viewed 12,072 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I'm locked out of my connect account tried on several occasions and still my account is...
I tried to submit a new claim on the new Florida deo site and it said Claim for SSN alr...
Haven't received my federal unemployment check wondering if anyone knows when it might come
Locked out of my Florida Connect site while trying to log on to claim my weekly benefits
Been trying to claim my benefits but system won't let me. It keeps taking me to a page...
Paying Too Much for Internet?
We created a free, impartial concierge you can speak to right now that can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet deals in your area. Are you already getting the best deal? Call now and talk to a real, live person who can tell you what promotions you are missing out on.Call Free Anytime: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers