How Do I Book a Flight With United Airlines?
United Airlines is an American Airline that flies to over 330 destinations worldwide. You can book a flight with the airline and travel to any of these places with the airline whether one-way, round trip or flying to multiple destinations.
Making a reservation on United Airlines is a relatively simple process. However, there are terms and conditions if you are going to fly with the airline.
United Airlines Flight Policy
You can book a flight with United Airlines as long as you are in a country in which United Airlines offers its services. The airline's website has a list of countries where you can book flight tickets.
You should also check the airline's website for the type of payment methods accepted. Credit cards, debit cards and cash are the most common forms of payments.
However, cash is increasingly being discarded as a form of payment at many airports. As long as you your billing country is on the United Airlines list, you can pay for the ticket in your local currency if you prefer.
You can book a flight for an unaccompanied minor if you are a member of the United Airlines' frequent flyer program, MileagePlus. You may need to pay extra for the service though depending on the number of children travelling unaccompanied.
You should also remember to input a promotional code if your have one at the bottom of the booking page. To redeem gift certificates, you will have to do so when booking your flight too.
Buying tickets for travel to multiple destinations is also possible with United Airlines. You will have to go to ‘Advanced Bookings' and select ‘Multi-City' under ‘Trip Type' to do so.
The number of people in your travelling party will affect the fare you pay for your ticket. You may have to pay more if seats are not available.
You can book a flight for as many as eight people with United Airlines. For groups of ten or more, you cannot book a ticket online and will have to contact United Airlines customer service directly.
United Airlines does have a special needs program for travelers with disabilities. You will have to specify your requirements during the booking process.
All United Airlines tickets allow for changes except the Basic Economy Ticket. You should know that changes will attract a change fee.
You can book a United Airlines ticket up to 330 days in advance.
Booking a Flight with United Airlines
The process of booking a flight with United Airlines is as follows:
1. Launch your web browser and open the United Airlines website.
2. Select ‘Book' from the main tabs at the top of the page and then click on ‘Flights.'
3. Choose whether you want the price to be shown in terms of money or miles.
4. Select whether you are going on a one-way trip, round trip or multi-city trip.
5. You can choose to select the cities from and to which you will be travelling and search for nearby airports you can also select the airports directly.
6. Select the exact time and date that you want your flight to depart.
7. Input the number of adults, seniors or children with whom you will be travelling.
8. Choose your ticket class i.e. basic economy, premium economy or business/first class.
9. Choose the fare you want.
10. Choose if you want a united Airlines flight or one from a partner airline.
11. If you will be using connecting flights, you will be required to choose the city or airport through which you will be connecting.
12. Input any promotion or certificate codes that you have.
13. Input if you will be travelling with any pets.
14. Click ‘find flights' and select the most appropriate flight.
If the above process does not work, contact United Airlines customer service.
After thousands of United Airlines customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Book a Flight with United Airlines? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting United Airlines if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like United Airlines in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Book a Flight with United Airlines? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers