How Do I Check the Status of an Existing United Airlines Reservation?
United Airlines has made checking the status of a flight simple and easy by offering three convenient methods to do this. You can check for updates online, use their mobile app or call a consultant at their friendly contact center. If you are using the app, don't forget to enable the push notification to get notified the moment any changes occur.
Before leaving for the airport, ensure that there has not been a delay or cancellation of your flight before leaving as flying can be stressful for some people. By knowing this information, passengers avoid unnecessary stress, such as finding out their flight has been altered or delayed when they arrive at the airport.
United Airlines has three easy and simple methods to check flight status. Using United Airlines' website or mobile app, passengers can check on the status of their flights up to 24 hours before departure or if there is no internet access, they can call the United Airlines contact center to check the status of a flight.
How to Check Flight Status On the Website
- On the United Airlines website click on the "My Trips" menu item in the top header menu and then select "Find a Trip" from the menu.
- Enter the six-digit booking confirmation number and passengers surname and click on search.
- You can click on the booking details to display all the information regarding the booking
- Your flight status will be displayed on the screen, and you can check for any flight delays or special announcements.
- If the flight was booked through an agency a six-digit code would be issued once the booking was confirmed. This code can be used on the United Airlines website as explained above to check the status of a flight.
How to Check Flight Status on the Mobile App
- If you don't already have the app installed you will need to download and install the mobile app from the iOS or Google Play store
- Log in to the app using your MileagePlus number and password
- Your current bookings will appear on the home screen.
- To see further information about the bookings tap on the booking. This will open up to display more information about a specific booking and what the status is.
- If you activate the push notifications you will receive up-to-date information about your flight status as messages on your device.
How to Check Flight Status Over The Phone
- Checking the status of a United Airlines flight over the phone is as easy as a quick simple phone call
- Call the United Airlines contact center and chat with a friendly support agent who will assist you with up-to-date information about your flight.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Check the Status of an Existing United Airlines Reservation?"?
After thousands of United Airlines customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Check the Status of an Existing United Airlines Reservation? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting United Airlines if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for United Airlines Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like United Airlines in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Check the Status of an Existing United Airlines Reservation? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 2 months ago
Updated 2 months ago
Viewed 37,390 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
United Airlines lost my baggage and I was informed they located it at Newark Airport...
I need to cancel one portion of a flight due to United Airlines changing the time of th...
Need a refund for the trip you canceled
My flight was canceled and I want my refund.
Book a trip using an amount of miles I determine not the website
Paying Your Telecom Too Much?
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Anytime: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies