When you are no longer interested in the United Healthcare program, you can disenroll at any time. There are two significant ways in which you can cancel your enrollment with United Healthcare. These include;
How do I Cancel My Enrollment with United Healthcare by Filling a form
When enrolling in the United Healthcare insurance, you have to fill an enrollment form. In the same way, you can also disenroll by filling a similar form.
Follow the procedure below to disenroll from the United Healthcare:
1. At the top of the page, there are three options: enroll, cancel, or change. Tick on the box next to the cancel option.
2. Fill in your company name or that which you work in, the group, and the department that you work under.
3. Fill in the plan code and the level of coverage. The coverage levels comprise of the family members that are under the coverage. Tick beside the coverage level you wish to cancel.
4. There is a division for two categories; new enrollment and cancelation. Ignore the latter and fill in the part under cancellation. This category requires details on ;
5. There are three parts, A, B and C. under section A, fill in your details;
6. In section B, input your family details. You can only list one spouse and three children in the form.
7. Section C requires you to fill in any other information that is relevant to the United Healthcare coverage.
After filling the form with the correct details, forward your request to United Healthcare and wait for a response.
How do I Cancel My Enrollment with United Healthcare by Contacting Customer Support?
You can also cancel the insurance enrollment by contacting United Healthcare customer care. Once you get in touch with a representative, you can request to cancel your enrollment.
The agent requires you to provide information o the following;
The date when the cancellation should take effect. In most cases, termination from the United Healthcare coverage assumes immediately after you make the request.
It would be best if you asked the customer care representative to issue you with the confirmation number for your coverage cancellation.
Can I Get a Refund When I Cancel My Enrollment with United Healthcare?
Yes, you can get a refund after canceling on the United Healthcare insurance. This is only possible under all the following conditions:
Once you cancel your enrollment before the renewal date and you still have some funds remaining in your account, you can request United Healthcare to refund you. You should file for a refund within 90 days of the termination of the coverage.
The refund takes around 30 days to process, and you receive it with interest.
After thousands of United Healthcare customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Cancel My Enrollment with United Healthcare? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting United Healthcare if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like United Healthcare in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Cancel My Enrollment with United Healthcare? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.