How Do I Change My Credit Card Information on Venmo?
Things happen in life that you're not always prepared for, but that doesn't mean it should cause worry. Services like Venmo to send and receive money are a safety net in emergencies. It's easy to send or request money and you can change your payment method up until before you submit it. Just review the summary of your request before you send it.
Needing to send or receive money has no doubt been an issue since currency's inception. Lucky for us, we can use services like PayPal and its subsidiary Venmo, which are more efficient than mailing a check. There will be situations where you need to change your credit or debit card information, and these can either happen just before you send your payment or you can update it ahead of time so it'll be there when you need it. This guide will show you how to update your credit card information on Venmo.
Some Basic Tips
- Your payment information cannot be changed after you submit your request, so please double check your payment method before hitting send.
- Please make sure you have enough funding in your Venmo account to cover the payment. If there is, the payment will be funded by your balance. If there's not enough, then the payment method reverts to your preferred method, be it bank account, debit or credit card.
- Individual payments can't be funded by more than one method.
- There's not an option to update a current card, you can only remove it and then add a different card.
Changing Payment Method Ahead of Time
- Go to venmo.com and sign in to your account, or open the Venmo app.
- Select the Menu option, which are the three horizontal lines, located on the top left-hand corner and then go to Payment Methods.
- Tap on the card you wish to change and click remove. Confirm your choice by selecting Remove Card in the popup window.
- You should be at the Payment Method screen, select Add Payment Method and then choose either bank account or card. Enter the information in the fields and click Add.
App Only Option
Please note there's a quicker way to add your card information after you select the payment method option. There is a camera symbol on the right side of the card number field. Tapping on this will allow you to use your phone to scan and upload your card.
Changing Payment Method Just Before You Send It
- Open the app or visit the website venmo.com
- Select the Send Payment option and type in the amount.
- Next, you should see a summary of the transaction. Check your payment method and if it's not the right one, click or tap on it.
- You should be able to either use an existing payment method or add a new one. Select the option that's appropriate for you and follow the prompts.
- If you have any questions or need more help, Venmo's customer service can be reached here.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Change My Credit Card Information on Venmo?"?
After thousands of Venmo customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Change My Credit Card Information on Venmo? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Venmo if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Venmo Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Venmo in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Change My Credit Card Information on Venmo? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 7 months ago
Updated 5 months ago
Viewed 461,202 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I have a new phone and can’t sign into my account.
Can’t pull it funds can’t transfer can’t purchase don’t know why please help
Can’t get into my account Sense I switch phones. I have my username and password just d...
How do I cancel Venmo. Don’t know how I got on it. Being charge $** plus amp on credi...
Will not let me add a debit card, keeps say error contact venmo support
Paying Your Telecom Too Much?
We created a free, impartial concierge you can speak to right now that can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet deals in your area. Are you already getting the best deal? Call now and talk to a real, live person who can tell you what promotions you are missing out on.Talk to Us Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies