How Do I Unfreeze My Venmo Account?
This article talks about what to do if your Venmo account has been temporarily frozen. The most common reasons why your account could be frozen are listed. Detailed instructions are also given for a number of different methods you can try to unfreeze your account depending on the nature of your problem.
There are a number of different reasons who your Venmo account might be temporarily frozen. If you haven't read the terms and conditions, it can be easy to accidentally break one of Venmo's rules for use of its service.
Reasons Why Your Account Is Frozen
If a hold has been put on your account, it is most likely for one of the following reasons:
- Your account did not have enough money in it to make the transfer.
- You tried to transfer more than $299.99 in one week.
- You have made too many separate transfers in a day.
- If Venmo had to reverse a payment under certain circumstances.
- If there has been suspicious activity on your account that indicates either a breach of the law or that somebody else is using your account.
How to Unfreeze Your Account
- Read the email that Venmo sent you when your account got frozen. If it was frozen because of insufficient funds, the easiest way to remove the freeze is to pay the amount owed. Keep in mind that if you decide to pay by transferring money from your bank account, it could take a few days for the transfer to go through.
- If Venmo requires you to prove that you are who you say you are, then take a close up, high quality picture of your current government issued ID.
- Scan the ID in.
- Email the photo to Venmo. The hold should be taken off your account within a couple of days.
- If neither insufficient funds nor ID verification were the problem, go to Venmo's home page.
- Click on the Sign In link in the top right corner and log in to your account.
- Click on Menu.
- Click on Get Help
- Click on Contact Us.
- Click on Chat with Us. You should then be able to chat with a Venmo customer service representative about how you can get the freeze taken off your account.
If all else fails, you can always call Venmo's customer support team. The customer support phone line is attended between 10 am and 6 pm, Monday to Friday. You can find the number here.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Unfreeze My Venmo Account?"?
After thousands of Venmo customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Unfreeze My Venmo Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Venmo if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Venmo Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Venmo in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Unfreeze My Venmo Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 9 months ago
Updated 7 months ago
Viewed 445,751 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
None of the numbers I’m calling is giving me the option to check balance.
I want to know my balance on my card
I currently have a positive balance if $*** in my Venmo account, but a freeze was place...
Trying to get on my venom acct and it’s saying password doesn’t work I have tried reset...
I need to cancel these payments. That are dealing with @Hamood-Dhillon ? Don’t know tha...
Paying Too Much for Cable?
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies