Verizon FiOS helps to protect the privacy of people and protects people from frauds or scams in their Verizon accounts. Verizon helps to solve identity thefts, account takeovers and unauthorized credit transactions. Verizon can also protect you from receiving suspicious emails.
How to Report a Fraud to Verizon FiOS
When reporting fraud to Verizon FiOS, you can follow these guidelines or call the customer support at Verizon so that they help you to file a claim.
The first step before filing a Consumer claim, follow these guidelines;
1. Ensure that you have proof of your identity in the form of a current copy of an identification form from the government
2. Have a rental lease or mortgage agreement or utility bill that will serve as proof of your residence
3. Have a copy of a police report because identity theft is a crime and Verizon FiOS cooperates with law enforcement agencies when doing investigations
If you are filling business claims, you will need to have two of these documents;
1. You must have a photo ID that has been issued by the government.
The second document can be one of these;
1. A current and valid business license
2. A registry that is issued by the attorney general for a non-profit organization
3. A notarized business lease which acts as a proof of the business's primary address which is for validation
4. First 3 pages of articles of incorporation
5. A certificate of ethical conduct that has been issued by the secretary of state and is fully validated.
6. A copy of a police report of the identity theft
7. Submit these documents in a format that cannot like pdf or png
The second step is to agree to the terms of Verizon;
1. Read the agreement
2. Understand that by filling the claim, you are asking Verizon to investigate the identity theft
3. Certify that you have given accurate details
4. Understand that you are permitting Verizon to contact you on any information regarding your claim
5. Understand that your information will be safe and that it might be encrypted when being transmitted
6. Understand that you may Vbe prosecuted if you file a fake police report
7. Confirm that you agree to this Terms of filing a fraud claim
The third step is to fill the claim form. Fill in the details below;
1. Your full names
2. Your date of birth
3. Your social security number
4. Your employment details with the name of the employer, the telephone number of the employer and their address
The fourth step is to fill in the below information about your claim;
1. filling in the details of how you became aware of the fraudulent account
2. confirm if you know the account number of the fraudulent account
3. Write the account number of the fraudulent account
4. Indicate the type of fraudulent account. Is it wireless, wireline or landline or FIOS
The fifth step is to confirm that you have filled in all the required information
The final step is to upload the claim form on the Verizon website
Wait for a call from a specialist at Verizon who will clarify your claim and let you know the status of your claim within two business days.
After thousands of Verizon FiOS customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Report Fraud to Verizon Fios? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Verizon FiOS if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Verizon FiOS in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Report Fraud to Verizon Fios? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.