How Do I Activate My Verizon Wireless Phone?
You can use your Verizon home phone to receive and make Verizon wireless network calls. It is quite easy to activate your Verizon wireless phone be it a Verizon home phone, a new android phone or an iPhone. The process of activating your Verizon phone is the same for a new phone unless you are switching from an iPhone to an android phone where you will have to switch off the iMessage feature first. To activate a home phone, you will have to follow the steps to activate the device first before you can connect your home telephone.
How would you like to connect your current, existing landline to a 4G LTE Network or your LTE home internet connection, get excellent voice service and improved signal coverage and still get to keep your old phone number?
Verizon wireless home phone allows you to make and receive calls on the Verizon wireless network while using your home telephone at cheaper prices compared to your normal landline services.
Verizon wireless home phones are mainly designed for internet connectivity and require a monthly data plan at an additional cost where you get to choose the internet speed you want, combined with TV and digital voice for home phone service, all at a convenient price.
It is quite easy to activate your Verizon wireless phone be it a Verizon home phone, a new android phone or an iPhone. Contact customer care for inquiries and assistance.
The most important thing to note while setting up your Verizon wireless home phone is that other electrical equipment such as televisions and microwave ovens can cause interference with the Home Phone Connect device, thus they should not be put in close vicinity to each other.
To activate the Home Phone device:
- First, insert its battery.
- Next, attach the device's antenna and connect the home telephone to the device using an RJ11 phone cable. Ensure the home telephone is switched to tone.
- Connect the power adapter to the device and plug it into an AC power receptacle then press the power button to turn it on.
- Finally, perform an over-the-air activation from your home telephone which may take up to four minutes to complete after powering on your device in a Verizon wireless coverage area.
If need be, turn your device off then on to restart the activation process.
To activate a new android phone, if you are switching from an iPhone:
- First, go to Settings on your iPhone and tap messages.
- Tap or slide the indicator next to the iMessage switch if it's green to make it all white when the feature is turned off then you can proceed to activate your new phone.
- Save your contacts and other phone contents on your old phone.
- Power down both your new and old phone to properly activate the new device on the Verizon network.
- Where necessary, you can insert your SIM card into the new phone, and charge it then turn it on.
- When you switch it on, follow the Setup Wizard steps provided on your screen to activate and configure your newly acquired phone.
- You can now restore the saved content to your new phone by using Transfer Content info.
If you are activating a new iPhone;
- First, save your contacts and phone contents on your old phone depending on whichever apps you use on your old iPhone such as iTunes or iCloud.
- Power both phones down to effectively activate the new device on the Verizon network.
- Where necessary, insert your SIM card into your new device, charge it then turn it on.
- On switching your phone on, complete the provided Setup Wizard configurations on your screen to activate and set up your new device.
- Restore your saved content to your new device using Transfer Content information using the apps you use, such as iTunes.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Activate My Verizon Wireless Phone?"?
After thousands of Verizon Wireless customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Activate My Verizon Wireless Phone? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Verizon Wireless if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Verizon Wireless Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Verizon Wireless in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Activate My Verizon Wireless Phone? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 11 days ago
Updated 11 days ago
Viewed 17,186 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I need somebody to call me on how I can pay my final bill my phone number is ***********
I would like an international calling plan and can’t reach Verizon!
Double transaction for $***, need cancellation of Transaction ID O********B** on accoun...
I would like to request a transfer of service for * phone numbers on one account to ano...
i was given a new sim card due to my current sim card failing. however, the new sim car...
Paying Too Much for TV?
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Toll-Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers