How Do I Recover My Verizon Wireless Account?
Verizon Wireless has great deals for call text and data services so opening an account is a prudent idea. On the contrary, you can lose control of your Verizon Wireless account and have to recover it in certain scenarios.
Account recovery includes regaining control of your account. the reasons for account recovery are few and include forgetting login information or a security breach of your account
The most common reason why Verizon customers want to recover their account is because they lost their password. If you remember your password but cannot log in to your Verizon Wireless account, it means that your account has been locked resetting the password usually solves the problem.
The process to recover your Verizon Wireless account password includes the following steps:
- Launch your computer's web browser and open the Verizon wireless website
- On the Verizon Wireless landing page, you will see the 'Sign In' tab. Hover your pointer over it and a drop down menu will appear. Click 'My Account'
- You will be directed to the Verizon Wireless Sign In page
- Click the 'Forgot your info' tab located directly below the sign in fields
- Input the mobile number affiliated to your Verizon account and then click 'Continue'
- Follow the on screen instructions and prompts until you are asked to input your billing ZIP code
- Input the 5-digit billing ZIP code and click 'Continue'
- You will be prompted to choose an option through which you can receive the temporary password. The options are a text message to your Verizon number or snail mail to the billing address on the Verizon Wireless account. choose one then click 'Send Password'
- Input the temporary password and click 'Sign In'
- Type the new password into the 'Create and Confirm' Password fields then click 'Continue.' Make the password as strong, long and unpredictable as possible.
You can also contact Verizon's customer service for account access issues through the following methods:
Another option you can use to recover your account is to call the Verizon Wireless customer service number. This is probably the best option for account access problems. The phone number is open from Monday to Friday as from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. C.S.T and from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. C.S.T on Saturdays and Sundays. The average all wait time is 10 minutes but it can be as long as 15 minutes. You can find the number on GetHuman. You can also leave your number through the site so that Verizon Wireless can call you back and you can skip the hold time.
Verizon Wireless' live chat is also a viable option. The average wait time to get a response from a live chat agent is 21 minutes. The live chat option is available from Monday to Friday as from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. C.S.T and from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. You can get the phone number from GetHuman.
For device support issues that are not urgent, you can contact Verizon Wireless through their online help desk. The Help Desk response time on average is 18 hours. Their busiest time is 9 am so try reaching them at a different time. You can get the online desk details from GetHuman.
If you have more than one device, you can contact customer support through Verizon Wireless mobile app. The app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices and is completely free. Android users of Verizon will have to utilize the other options provided. To contact customer support through the app:
- Open the Verizon Wireless app in your iPhone
- Click the 'Support' tab in your homepage
- You can find a relevant topic on the page or use any of the contact details presented on the page to speak to support staff right from the app.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Recover My Verizon Wireless Account?"?
After thousands of Verizon Wireless customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Verizon Wireless Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Verizon Wireless if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Verizon Wireless Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Verizon Wireless in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Verizon Wireless Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.