Verizon Wireless has user-friendly and easy-to-use platforms that enable customers to customize their service experiences as well as cope with adjustments. It has a large customer base, and through incentives such as discounts and prizes, it promotes paper-free billing, including autopay services. GetHuman helps with how to set up autopay for Verizon bills, faster access to customer care support, among other services, by sharing experiences from various customers. It offers useful information regarding large corporations, including Verizon Wireless.
Verizon is an American-based telecommunications company that delivers innovative communications, entertainment products, and technology solutions ro improve its customers' way of life.
With operations in over 150 locations, Verizon has positioned itself among the world's largest communication technology companies. It offers 5G technology, wireless, Broadband, and fiber networks, managed security, internet of things, and integrated media and technology solutions to businesses across the globe.
In contemporary times, you may be faced with multiple bills that you need to settle every month. Without a proper plan, there is a chance that you may forget to clear your Verizon bill.
In such a case, do not worry. As an account owner, you can set up autopay for your Verizon bill using My Verizon app or on My Verizon website. The autopay feature allows for recurring automatic monthly payments for your wireless bills or other services; hence you'll never miss a payment.
You could access your billing statements conveniently from your laptop or smartphone devices as well as receive email notifications or text messages when your bill is ready.
How do I set up autopay for my Verizon bill?
My Verizon website
- Visit the Verizon website (https://www.verizonwireless.com)
- From the homepage, place your cursor over the 'Sign in' tab and click on 'My Account' from the resulting drop-down options.
- Enter your User ID or Verizon mobile number, followed by your password. Submit your login details by clicking on 'Sign in.'
- From your logged in area, click on 'Set Up Auto Pay.'
- The system will prompt you to enter your credit card, debit card, or checking account information
- Choose a monthly date and submit after confirming that all entries are correct
My Verizon app (My Fios app)
- Open the app on your smartphone
- Tap the 'Menu' icon located at the top-left of your screen
- Tap the 'Bill' option and choose 'Set Up Auto Pay.'
- Enter your checking account, credit card, or debit card information
- Finish by choosing a suitable monthly date
If you don't have the 'My Verizon app,' you can download it from App Store or Google Play on Apple or Android devices, respectively.
Add or change your Auto Pay payment method
As you go on with your daily activities, you may be faced with a need to make changes to your Auto Pay payment method.
Adding another payment method
Access the AutoPay page in My Verizon online or the app, as outlined above. Depending on the media that you're using, click or tap
- 'Edit payment method.'
- 'Change method' button
- Select your preferred payment method, including checking account, debit, or credit card.
- 'Add method.'
- Enter the correct details for the added account
- Finally, submit your information by clicking or tapping 'Continue.'
Changing your Auto Pay date
You can make changes anytime Via My Verizon website or app
- From your logged in area, click on 'Manage AutoPay.'
- Click on the 'Schedule' section
- Choose a suitable date from available options indicated by a white box
- The choice of changing your payment date in the app is accessed by tapping the 'Bill' option and choosing 'Set Up Auto Pay.'
If you set up autopay for your Verizon bill with a checking account and your payment date coincides with a holiday or weekend, your payment will be processed on the next business day. Also, among the payment mentioned above methods, credit cards are not eligible to receive discounts for using autopay.
You could also contact the Verizon Wireless customer service to assist with setting up autopay for your Verizon bill.
After thousands of Verizon Wireless customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Set Up Autopay for My Verizon Bill? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Verizon Wireless if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Verizon Wireless in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Set Up Autopay for My Verizon Bill? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.