How Do I Set Up Autopay for My Verizon Wireless Bill?
Setting up autopay with your Verizon Wireless account is pretty easy. You can use the app or enroll via the website and you can use checking account or a debit or credit card. Verizon also allows you choose the payment date, but please keep in mind that there are some rules to follow if you want to take advantage of any discounts in case you qualify.
So you have your phone through Verizon Wireless and would like to set up autopay. That's easy. This guide will show you how.
Important Tips to Keep in Mind
- You can enroll in autopay via the app or website.
- You can use a credit or debit card or a checking account.
- You can also select the date for the automatic payment to be withdrawn. Please keep in mind that if you choose the 29th, 30th or 31st, the payment is withdrawn on the next day for months that don't have those dates.
- Autopay with checking accounts are processed the next business day for dates that fall on weekends or holidays.
- Standard accounts that are eligible for the $5 or $10 per-line Autopay and paperless billing discount cannot use a credit card as a payment method.
- Only the account owner can set up and manage autopay on Prepaid Family accounts.
- Autopay can be turned off but you would lose any discounts and need to make manual payments each month to maintain your service.
- You can make a one-time payment while you are on Autopay. If you pay the full balance of your account, then the next automatic payment is skipped. If you pay less than the full balance, then the remaining balance will be deducted on the next automatic payment date.
- If you have any questions regarding your account, please call Verizon Wireless here.
Set up via the Website
- Go to Verizon.com or verizonwireless.com and sign in with either your username or phone number and password.
- Go to the Set Up Autopay page and follow the prompts to enroll.
Set up via the App
- Open the Verizon Wireless App and tap the menu icon on the top left of the screen.
- Tap Bill and follow the prompts. For Prepaid accounts, you'll need to tap Payment and then Autopay. Read the Terms and Conditions and select or tap on Agree if you agree, then select Next and follow the prompts.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Set Up Autopay for My Verizon Wireless Bill?"?
After thousands of Verizon Wireless customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Set Up Autopay for My Verizon Wireless Bill? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Verizon Wireless if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Verizon Wireless Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Verizon Wireless in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Set Up Autopay for My Verizon Wireless Bill? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked a year ago
Updated a year ago
Viewed 857,502 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
automatic withdrawal suddenly stopped and bills aren't getting paid. I need to know wha...
Tech was working with me on my phone and told me last night if I were still unable to...
Trying to sign up the Disney bundle but we have existing Hulu account we can't get to c...
Hello my name is Rachel Rosas, Acct * ****-***** address *** Neptune ct, Nipomo, ca pho...
Transfer responsibility of account to someone else.