Are you experiencing an unexpected outage from your Verizon internet or cell phone service? In this article, you will get the steps to check to see if there is a large outage affecting your area. This article will also cover a personal service outage, and how to check for the estimated time of repair.
Large-scale outages cause you and your surrounding area to be affected by a service outage. These outages can happen due to harsh weather conditions or a malfunction in the Verizon internet or cell phone service equipment resulting in no connection on your devices.
If you are unsure if there is an outage in your area, here are some online sources that may help:
1. Visit Verizon's DownDector
2. Click on 'Live Outage Map' to view the reported Verizon outages in the United States
3. You can zoom in or out using the controls in the top right of the map. This helps give an accurate reading of your location.
4. Reported outages will appear highlighted yellow on the map.
1. Sign-in to your Verizon account.
2. Clarify your service that is experiencing an outage by clicking the Wireless, In-Home, or Business options at the top of the page.
3. Once your Verizon Service has been chosen, click 'Support' on the main menu.
4. For a wireless device outage, visit the Verizon Troubleshooting Assistant for personalized help for your wireless device.
5. For a home internet outage, scroll down and click on 'Fix Connection Issues'
6. For a business internet outage, visit the Business Internet Connection Support to receive help on solving an internet outage for your business.
7. Verizon will ask specific questions to help locate the cause of your service outage.
1. Visit the Verizon Forums
2. Click on the Forum topic 'General Discussions.'
3. Scroll through the recent forum posts for information on an outage
4. If you do not see any posts relating to your area, write a post explaining what you are experiencing to the members of the forum.
If you are unable to access websites during an outage, contact the Verizon Support phone number for information. Verizon's support will assign you a ticket for the estimated repair times and any updates on the repair process.