How Do I Transfer My Verizon Account to Another Carrier?
Verizon allows its customers to transfer their Verizon account to a new carrier for absolutely no charge. You can do so through the Verizon website or through the My Verizon mobile application. You do have to be eligible to successfully complete a Verizon account transfer. You also have to fully settle your bill to complete the transfer.
How Do I Transfer My Verizon Account to Another Carrier?
Verizon is among the big four telecommunication giants in the United States. Verizon has more than 118 million subscribers and has more than 2,000 retail stores across the country.
Luckily for Verizon customers, you can transfer your service to another account through the Verizon website or mobile application. On the other and, you must be eligible to transfer you're your account to another carrier.
One thing you have to do is check the balance on your account. You will be liable for any account charges until the transfer is complete after which the new carrier will be responsible for the bill.
Your number must also have been active for at least 30 days for standard monthly account and 5 days for business accounts. You should decide if you will continue paying for any device payment arrangement tied to your number or it will be transferred to the new carrier.
You should also have the details of the new carrier including their first name, last name and email address. This should prevent any delays during the transfer process.
It is crucial that to note that when you transfer you account, the new carrier is responsible for any account obligations henceforth.
You can transfer your account through the website or app as follows:
To transfer your account to a new carrier through the Verizon website, follow this process:
- Launch your web browse and open the Verizon website
- Log in to your Verizon account
- Select ‘Support'
- Click ‘Create New Account' and input your new account information
- Click ‘Port Phone Number' and type in your Verizon phone number if you wish to change your number.
- Click ‘Submit'
- Click ‘Save'
Your new Verizon account has been created with the option of retaining your phone number or giving it to the new carrier.
Before using the Verizon wireless app to transfer your service, you should ensure that it is up to date. Moreover, the app is only available with a Android version of 4.0 or higher and a iOS of 1. Or higher.
The process for transferring your service to a new carrier through the Verizon app is as follows:
- Open the My Verizon app from your homescreen or go to ‘Apps' then open ‘My Verizon'
- Tap the Menu or three line icon on the upper left side of the screen
- Select ‘Account Settings'
- Tap the ‘Controls' tab to the top right hand side of the screen
- Slect ‘Transfer your account service.' If you have an unpaid bill, you will be prompted to pay it at his stage. The transfer cannot be completed unless you fully settle your bill. Follow the onscreen instructions to do so
- You will be directed to a screen labeled ‘Transfer line ownership in a few steps.' Tap ‘Get Started' at the bottom
- The following screen will be labeled ‘Pick a Line to Transfer.' Select the line you want to transfer
- Review and accept the ‘Customer Agreement' terms and click ‘Continue' at the bottom of the screen when you are done
- You will be redirected to the ‘Pick a new line owner' screen whee you have the option of transferring your account to ‘Someone else' or ‘A small business'
- The next screen will be labeled ‘New Account Information' where you will be prompted to fill in the first name, last name, business name (if applicable) and email address of the new carrier
- On the ‘Review Transfer Request' screen review the information and tap ‘Edit' to change any information. When done tap ‘Submit'
- Tap ‘Got it' at the bottom of the next screen to complete the change.
If you have any trouble with the above transfer processes, please contact Verizon customer service.
Want help on this from a real person?
GetHuman is proud to partner with a US-based firm that staffs experts and former employees of companies like Verizon that can chat with you anytime 24/7 and walk you through fixing issues like the one you are facing. While it is not free, the price is reasonable - in the $20-40 range - and sometimes is just easier, less confusing, and more than worth it. Sometimes it's nice to have an expert to help you through a sticky problem.Get Help Now
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Transfer My Verizon Account to Another Carrier?"?
After thousands of Verizon customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Transfer My Verizon Account to Another Carrier? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Verizon if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Verizon Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Verizon in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Transfer My Verizon Account to Another Carrier? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Live help is available
We partner with a highly reviewed US firm that staff former employees and pros to help with tough customer problems 24/7 for a reasonable fee.Try Paid, Live Help
Asked a month ago
Updated 24 days ago
Viewed 64,134 times
Transfer Verizon account to new carrier
Verizon account transfer
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I would like to cancel my landline but am always unable to get through to a representat...
Cortaron mi servicio y no entiendo porque *Porque se supone que termina hoy a media noche
I need to ship equipment back to Verizon
Need to delete a device from my account*Device ***********I have suspended this device...
I need to talk to a real customer service representative please