Most of the items bought from U.S. Walmart stores, Walmart Business, Walmart.com or Marketplace sellers on the website can be returned 90 days after purchase. Items bought online can be returned either by mail or to the Walmart store. However, those purchased at a physical Walmart store must only be returned to the store.
Below are the steps to return an item bought at Walmart.com. Most items can be returned at no cost by mail.
1. Log in to your Walmart account and look for the item you want to return. For multiple orders, you will need to process the returns separately.
2. Choose Return and provide the reason for returning the item.
3. To print the return label, choose Return By Mail.
4. Drop off the item at FedEx or USPS locations. Make sure to pack the item with the original packaging along with the accessories.
5. Arrange a pickup if you're shipping a large item.
6. Wait for Walmart to issue the refund.
If you don't have a Walmart account, visit the online order tracking system to process the return. You'll need the order number and email address to successfully process the return.
If you have a Walmart account, upload the physical receipt to the app to make the process easier. Below are the steps:
1. Start the returns process by logging in to your account or go to the app.
2. Look for the item you want to return and provide a reason for the return.
3. Select Return to Store to get a barcode.
4. Review the summary and hit submit.
5. Wait for the confirmation email and take your phone with you to the store along with the item. Walmart will ask for the confirmation email.
Use the steps below if you don't have a Walmart account:
1. Prepare your order number or receipt and go to the Start Returns page on Walmart.com.
2. Choose in-store purchase or online purchase.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions and make sure you have the confirmation email with you when you visit the store. Bring the item and the receipt, if you have any.
For those who don't want to use the app or website to start the returns process, visit the customer service desk at the Walmart store.
Walmart will accept the return if you can present a government-issued ID.
If the refund verification process accepts your return without the receipt, you can exchange the item or get a cash refund for items less than $10. You can get a Walmart shopping card if the item is worth more than $10.
Walmart can also locate the item purchased if you have the email or phone number used when you bought the item, or the credit or debit card. If you have questions, please contact Customer Support.
After thousands of WalMart customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Return My Item to Walmart? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting WalMart if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like WalMart in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Return My Item to Walmart? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.