How Do I Claim Unemployment Benefits with the Washington Unemployment Insurance Claims Center?
Losing your job for any reason doesn't have to cause you grief, the Employment Services Department of Washington state has many useful resources to remove the confusion from applying for benefits. From webinars to technical support, the ESD provided many things for your review. Gathering the needed information beforehand can also smooth out the process.
Losing your job is never an ideal situation, especially if it's through no fault of your own. The next step would be to apply for unemployment benefits. This guide will walk you through the steps and give you some useful tips.
First, some tips
Do you meet the basic eligibility requirements?
- You must have been working in Washington state for the past 18 months, the only exceptions to this are those who were serving in the military or working for the federal government.
- What's the reason you lost your job?
- The Washington State Employment Security Department also looks at your availability to work for the weeks you claim.
- When you begin the application, you will need the following ready
- Your name, birthdate, social security number, and contact information.
- Your citizenship status, or your work authorization information if you're not a U.S. citizen.
- The highest level of education you achieved.
- The names and mailing addresses of, and dates you worked for all previous employers for the past 18 months. If you worked for more than 16 employers during the past 18 months, then you will need to apply by phone. Best estimates for work dates are fine but if you are still employed, then use the last date you worked before you applied.
- Those who are unionized need the name and local number of their union.
- Those who were federal employees anytime in the last 18 months need their Standard Form 8. Standard Form 50 is also helpful but not required.
- Those in the military during anytime in the last 18 months need to have any member copy of their DD-214, 2-8.
- Those applying online who want their benefits direct deposited need the routing number and account numbers of their bank or credit union.
Filing the Claim
- You can apply online at esd.wa.gov/unemployment or by phone. Although another note is that at the time of this guide, our nation is going through the COVID-19 pandemic as well, so the hold times will be longer if you try to call. Applying online is faster.
- There is some information you will need to have ready as the application system will time out after 15 minutes for security reasons. You will also need to apply on a desktop or laptop and not a mobile device.
- Scroll down to the Apply Online section and click on the Apply Now button. You should see a page for eServices open, which is provided by SecureAccess Washington.
- The top box will ask for your username and password or you can also check to see if you have an account. There is an option to create a new account.
- Select the option that best fits you and follow the prompts to log in or create your account. You should then be able to move forward with your application.
- If you have any questions, then the ESD does have some useful help links and webinars under the apply online or by phone section, including a page dedicated to the COVID-19 pandemic. They can be reached here if you still need help.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Claim Unemployment Benefits with the Washington Unemployment Insurance Claims Center?"?
After thousands of Washington Unemployment Insurance Claims Center customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Claim Unemployment Benefits with the Washington Unemployment Insurance Claims Center? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Washington Unemployment Insurance Claims Center if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Washington Unemployment Insurance Claims Center Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Washington Unemployment Insurance Claims Center in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Claim Unemployment Benefits with the Washington Unemployment Insurance Claims Center? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Washington Unemployment Insurance Claims Center
Asked 4 months ago
Updated 4 months ago
Viewed 45,101 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
My ui claim has two pending payments and I've as already been receiving unemployment. I...
My UE still says pending even though I sent the info asked for, over * weeks ago. I am...
I'm able to log in to EDD, but when I click to APPLY for benefits, it logs me out. This...
I got three weeks worth of backpay for unemployment for the first three weeks I was out...
Haven't got my unemployment payment yet.
The Free, Easy Way to Move Services
Call now and talk to a real person in seconds who can tell you the best deals from each telecom company if your new home area. We find the best deal for you and then we manage the scheduling so that all your technicians show up on the same day. Easy and free!Talk to Us Now: 888-959-6783Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals (and schedule) across many companies