How Do I Cancel My Order with Wayfair?
Reasons Why You May Need to Cancel Your Order
- You have the wrong billing address. This would mean that Wayfair may cancel your order before you get a chance to do so yourself. However, it is much simpler if you do it yourself because it would be a faster process.
- You have the wrong shipping address, or the shipping address has changed. There is nothing as frustrating as waiting for an overdue shipment while the company insists that your package was delivered.
- You no longer need the item which you ordered.
- There is an existing offer, which would mean your order is available for a lesser price. You can cancel the order then place a different order for the lower price.
How to Cancel Your Order
- Go to Wayfair's website.
- On the Welcome page, navigate to the Orders section. There, you will find a link named "Cancel Items or Order." Click on it.
- In case you have more than one order, and you would like to cancel one of them, select only that particular order.
- A new page containing the details of your order will open. Be sure to mark the checkboxes on each item that you would like to cancel.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Submit."
You should receive an email confirmation that your request has been submitted and that someone from Wayfair will get back to you. Cancellation requests are not automatically processed because approval has to be made that your order has not left storage. In case it has, you will also receive an email notifying you that your cancellation was not successful.
Terms and Conditions Associated with Cancelling an Order
- You can only cancel an order before it ships from "My Orders." If you do miss this opening, you should return your order within 30 days of delivery. However, not all orders are eligible for return. You can also opt to exchange your order for something else.
How to Contact Wayfair
If you need additional help with canceling your order, here is how you can reach the Customer Care Team at Wayfair:
- Call the customer care team. The customer care team is open from 8 am to midnight from Mondays to Fridays. On Saturday they are open from 8 am to 8 pm and on Sunday from 9 am to 6 pm. When you call the customer care team, you should note that the team is different from the logistics team. Therefore it may take a while to be connected to the Customer care team.
- Wayfair's website also has articles that could assist you in canceling your order. When you go to Wayfair's website, scroll to the Help Centre. In the search bar right below, describe the kind of help you would need. You will then be directed to an article related to your search.
- Post your problem on Wayfair's Facebook page.
- Reach out to Wayfair through their Twitter page
You should note that a query posted on social media might not get as fast a response as you may desire. This is because sometimes thousands of people are posting different things on Wayfair's pages. If your delivery date is near, you should make sure to call to ensure that you don't miss your window.
Can You Get Your Money Back After Cancelling an Order?
You can either get a refund to your original method of payment or as Store Credit. Store Credit has the advantage of not having an expiration date. The amount you receive will have any shipping costs deducted. Store Credit refunds are processed within one business day. For any credit card refunds, processing will take three to five business days.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Cancel My Order with Wayfair?"?
After thousands of Wayfair customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Cancel My Order with Wayfair? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Wayfair if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Wayfair Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Wayfair in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Cancel My Order with Wayfair? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.