There are plenty of reasons why your Western Union transactions may be denied.
If it is Declined by the Bank
If your payment is declined by the bank, you must contact them for inquiries. Banks do not share their reasons for the decline with Western Union. One of the most common reasons for the decline is the cash advance capability of your credit card. You may have entered the wrong bank account information or gone beyond your credit card limit.
If it is declined by Western Union
Western Union may decline your transaction as well. The most common reason for the decline is being unable to prove your identity. Your transaction may be declined if you do not meet Western Union policies and requirements. If you were unsuccessful trying to send money, try doing it at an agent location.
If You Forgot Password
1. Go to the Western Union log in page
2. Click 'Forgot Password'
1. Open the app and click 'Forget Password'
2. Enter the email address associated with your account
3. You will receive a link directing you to answer a security question
If your profile is locked due to reasons such as incorrect answers to security questions or incorrect login attempts, you may have to contact the support team directly to ask for help.
If Your Western Union Name is Blocked
If your Western Union name is blocked, you must contact the support team to have it unblocked. The support agents will guide you through the process of unblocking your name. Note that your request may not always be successful. You are likely to have your name unblocked if you were sending money and not receiving it.
You may be blocked if your transaction seems suspicious
If Your Transactions is Blocked
Your transaction on Western Union may be blocked for various reasons. Some of them include the following;
1. If the sender or receiver is on the 'Specially Designated Nationals List after being tied to organized crime, fraud, narcotics trade, or terrorism
2. If the agent contacted Western Union with suspicions that something may be wrong with you or your transaction
3. If you are receiving anything over $1,000, it will be held until the sender answers some extra questions.
4. Your transaction may be blocked if Western Union has reason to believe that a sender or receiver is involved in fraudulent activities, financial crime, or money laundering. The funds will be sent back to whoever sent them. Both the sender and receiver will be blocked from receiving money
5. You may be blocked if you send or receive multiple transactions from the same or different people. Some people may do it to avoid filling out the 8300 form. It may be a reason to suspect that you are engaged in fraudulent activity.
If your transaction is blocked, contact the support team and ask them to help you address it. Correct the reason why you were blocked and try again.
There are plenty of ways to contact Western Union if you need help with your transactions. The best way to contact Western Union is on the phone. When you are connected with a support agent, explain the issue you have been experiencing and the type of help you wish to receive. If phone support is not an option for you, you may speak with a representative through live chat.
If you have no desire to speak with a representative, you may seek support through Western Union's Facebook. Their help desk has plenty of tips and suggestions that may help you address your concerns without speaking with a representative.
After thousands of Western Union customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Do I Do If My Western Union Account Is Blocked? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Western Union if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Western Union in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Do I Do If My Western Union Account Is Blocked? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Anytime: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies