Westinghouse is an electric company that has been in operation for over a hundred years. The company has also made television sets for a long time.
When you first get your Westinghouse Television, they may seem slightly intimidating but you will soon get used to it. It is very straightforward and you should know how to fix it quickly.
The TVs have a password that you use the remote control to submit. Therefore, if you forgot your Westinghouse TV password or your remote control seems to not be responding, you need to reset your TV.
If you are having any trouble with your Westinghouse TV, all you need to do is adjust the settings and it should return to working order in a short while.
Resetting the TV is also a good idea if you have any TV features that are not working properly. This is especially if you do not know how to fix it through other channels.
To reset your Westinghouse Television set, use the following steps:
1. Pick up the remote that came with your Westinghouse TV
2. Press the 'Menu' button and the TV screen will showcase the menu options labeled 'Video,' 'Display,' TV,' 'Audio,' Power' and 'Settings'
3. Scroll down the list of options and select 'Settings'
4. Several options will appear after you do so including 'Language,' 'OSD Timeout,' 'Transparency,' 'Timezone,' 'Quick Install Matrix,' 'System Info' and 'Factory Reset'
5. Choose 'Factory Reset' from the list. The factory reset 'resets all OSD menu settings' of the high-definition TV back to the factory defaults.
Some Westinghouse televisions use 'Reset All' instead of 'Factory Reset.' Sometimes you may be required to submit the TV code in order to reset a Westinghouse TV, it is clearly displayed on the TV, if it should be so required.
Another way you can use to reset your Westinghouse TV is through the following process:
1. Turn the TV set Off
2. Press and Hold the VOL - + Input buttons located on the right side of the TV set
3. While simultaneously holding these buttons, press the POWER button
4. If you do this in the proper fashion, the Westinghouse Logo on the front of the television set will start to blink.
5. Pick up the Remote Control and press the RETURN key. You will have placed the TV set in Service Mode.
6. To Leave Service Mode, bring up the Standard OSD Menu.
7. Go to 'General Setting' select 'Factory Reset'. This should reset your settings in the OSD, but keep any changes you made to the Service Menu.
There are no other ways to reset your Westinghouse TV password. The only other way you can accomplish this or do it when other methods fail is to contact customer service. They should be able to help you with any issue you may have.
Westinghouse customer service may be contacted in the following manners:
You can send Westinghouse an old fashioned letter telling them to advise you on how to change your password. You should not use this method unless in the direst of circumstances.
Westinghouse have a live chat feature that you can utilize to contact customer service. The live chat is quick and efficient as a method of communication. You will find the customer service live chat feature by visiting the 'Support Center' on Westinghouse's website.
Calling customer care is the best way by far of contacting Westinghouse customer service. It is reliable and fast. You can simply call them and ask them for instructions as to how to rest your Westinghouse TV password and the will walk you through the entire process with you on the phone.
To get their phone number, go to GetHuman.
After thousands of Westinghouse customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Reset My Westinghouse TV Password? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Westinghouse if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Westinghouse in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Reset My Westinghouse TV Password? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Call now and talk to a real person in seconds who can tell you the best deals from each telecom company if your new home area. We find the best deal for you and then we manage the scheduling so that all your technicians show up on the same day. Easy and free!Call free anytime: 888-959-6783Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers and schedule multiple technicians