What to Do If I'm Having Trouble with My Whatsapp App
WhatsApp is a growing application used for communication and has garnered a whooping ten percent of the global population. This means that it is definitely doing something right and fulfilling a particular need. However, as the laws of nature dictate, with all the good comes a bit of bad. Managing an application with that much usage means that once in a while, there is a glitch in the system and something goes wrong. This most often happens when there is an update to the system.
A Guide to the Most Common WhatsApp Problems
Whatsapp Won't Install
Follow the following steps when you find difficulty installing WhatsApp:
- Make sure that your phone has the Android version that is compatible with WhatsApp. If they are not, then your phone cannot handle running WhatsApp. Go to Settings on your phone and check the information about your phone.
- Is your phone protecting itself from malware? Your phone has the option of blocking downloads from unknown sources in order to protect itself. Make sure that that option is disabled. Go to settings on your phone, then scroll to application manager, click on your browser and ensure that the option is disabled.
WhatsApp Won't Send Messages
You sent a message an hour ago but it I still not delivered. Check the following to make sure you have done everything right:
- Check that it is the latest version. Old versions sometimes have glitches that newer versions have already fixed.
- Make sure that you have internet connection and that it has not run out, especially if you are using mobile data.
- Clear WhatsApp's cache to make sure that there is enough memory.
- If all the above does not work, and after waiting for some time the messages still won't send, simply uninstall, switch off your phone then reinstall it again.
All Your Contacts Have Disappeared or Are Duplicates
You had saved all your contacts before. But you have just logged in, and all the contacts are not saved, as if every chat you have is from a stranger. This can be particularly annoying especially when you have urgent matters to attend to or the fact that you have to go through every contact and save them all over again. Here are some steps to guide you through this:
- Again, make sure that you are using the most current version of WhatsApp.
- On your right, click on your contact list and ensure that the option for visibility is checked.
- From the same contact list option, click on the suggestions option. Choose clean up duplicates. This option will get rid of all your duplicate contacts and allow you to merge those that belong to one person.
Calls Are Not Going Through
You have to remember that WhatsApp calls use internet connection. Therefore, if the connection is not strong, the call might not go through. Check what kind of connection you have. If your connection is fine, ask whoever is on the other side to check theirs.
Too Much Data Is Being Used
This specifically applies to users who use mobile data. WhatsApp sometimes runs things in the background that could automatically consume a lot of data. Some features include automatic updates, automatic backups and automatic download of videos. Here are the steps to follow to customize how much data you use:
- Click on the dots on your top right
- Select settings and scroll down to data usage
- Select the mobile data option
- Deactivate whatever option you think would minimize your data usage
For other issues, you could simply get more assistance on WhatsApp's Help Desk. This guide should help you on what to do in case you are having trouble with your WhatsApp.
Why Did GetHuman Write "What to Do If I'm Having Trouble with My Whatsapp App"?
After thousands of WhatsApp customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What to Do If I'm Having Trouble with My Whatsapp App to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting WhatsApp if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for WhatsApp Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like WhatsApp in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What to Do If I'm Having Trouble with My Whatsapp App guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked a month ago
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
WhatsApp number kisi ne band kar diya h mere jio number h ********** ram number pe dopa...
my whatsapp hecke pliz help me
I played voice message then error has been come to WhatsApp keep stopping
Clicking on whatsapp app logo leads to This app no longer shared with you msg.
One help ************ resend WhatsApp code