How Do I Recover My Wordpress.com Account?
If you forgot your WordPress password, username, registration email, or all three, you can still recover access to your account. You can easily recover your password by email, and you can use the online WordPress account recovery form in case you can't remember your username and registration email. You might need to supply additional information to prove your identity.
It can be easy to lose track of your WordPress account log-in information. With all the account log-in information that most people have to keep track of, it's easy to forget some of them. If you need to recover access to your WordPress account because you forgot your password, username, registration email or all three, just keep reading.
Resetting Your Password
If you forgot your password, follow this procedure:
- Go to the WordPress website.
- Click on Log In.
- Click on Lost Your Password?
- Enter your username or email address in the text field provided.
- Click on Get New Password.
- Check your email for an email from WordPress.
- Click on the link in the email.
- Enter your new password.
After that, you should be able to log into your WordPress account with the new password.
If you Forgot Your Username and Registration Email
If you cannot remember the username and email you used to sign up for your WordPress account, follow this procedure:
- Go to the WordPress account recovery form.
- Check the "I don't know my registered email or username" box.
- Enter the URL of your WordPress blog.
- Enter a contact email.
- If you ever purchased a WordPress upgrade, go find the receipt email and copy the transaction ID. Click on the "Do you have a transaction ID?" box and enter the ID. This can help prove you are who you say you are.
- Locate the confirmation email you received when you joined WordPress. If it has a confirmation button instead of a confirmation link, right click on the button and select Copy Link Address. Click on the "Do you have an activation URL or key?" box and enter the link you just copied.
- If you have two-step authentication enabled on your WordPress account, use the authentication app to get an authentication code. Click on the "Do you have two-factor authentication codes?" box and enter the code.
- Type anything else you want to say in the Extra Details box.
- Click on the Recover My Account! button.
If you need help recovering access to your WordPress account, you can contact a customer service representative for assistance. You can reach one by chat, email or help forum. No customer service phone line is available.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Recover My Wordpress.com Account?"?
After thousands of WordPress.com customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Wordpress.com Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting WordPress.com if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for WordPress.com Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like WordPress.com in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Wordpress.com Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 6 months ago
Updated 6 months ago
Viewed 450,453 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
Https:**Germansheperdsofkc.com***Is domain supported and made by your company. The gent...
Hello, I’m writing because I’m dealing with issues accessing the content from my Wordpr...
Website: www.Krysania-Ariel-Lopez.com I sent this site to the Orange County Sheriff's D...
Hello, My name is Liam Conner and I am currently trying to recover the account that my...
Hello, I am a very close friend of Natalie Scarberry (i.e. https:**sacredtouches.com...
Setup Your New Home Easily
Call now and talk to a real person in seconds who can tell you the best deals from each telecom company if your new home area. We find the best deal for you and then we manage the scheduling so that all your technicians show up on the same day. Easy and free!Call free anytime: 888-959-6783Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers and schedule multiple technicians