How Do I Let Xbox One Know About an Issue with a Game or User?
You may encounter a problem when playing on Xbox Box One. You have the right to enjoy playing on Xbox One without interruption as Microsoft values all users. Follow the following steps should you encounter a problem while playing with the Microsoft video game console.
You may encounter a problem when playing on Xbox Box One. Some players become unruly or inappropriate, making your gaming experience difficult. Weird activities and comments also warrant reporting. You have the right to enjoy playing on Xbox One without interruption as Microsoft values all users. Follow the following steps should you encounter a problem while playing with the Microsoft video game console.
How to Report an Uncontrollable Player
- Click on the Xbox button on the controller which will open the guide. Go to 'People' and choose the rowdy Gamertag you want to report. It is easy to select a Gamertag who is a friend. If the player you are reporting is not a friend, click on 'Find Someone' button or tap on 'Recent Players'.
- Tap on the 'Report or Block' button which is shown on the players' profile.
- Click 'Report'.
- There are several reasons which would make you report a player. The categories provided are:
Player name or Gamertag: When the player uses a name that is inappropriate offensive or hateful.
Cheating: When a Gamertag uses modifications that are not permitted in the game so as to win unfairly or have higher chances of defeating other players.
Player picture: if the profile picture of a Gamertag is in bad taste or seems to promote harmful or dangerous messages.
Voice Communication: If the player uses foul language, threatens others or is generally arrogant in their communication.
Unsupporting Behavior: If a Gamertag displays unsportsmanlike characters during gaming.
Quitting Early: Immature quitting of the game is against Xbox One policies. Players often do this when they sense that they are losing.
5. Tap on 'Add Comment' to add more information and click 'Report'.
How to Report Activity Feed Items, Captures, and Comments
- Select the activity item or comment that appears inappropriate for users.
- Go through the player's Gamertag and tap on 'Options'.
- Click on 'Report'.
- Choose' Inappropriate feed item' or 'Inappropriate comment', depending on the nature of your reporting.
- Click on 'Add Comment' to give more details. Finish up by selecting 'Report'.
Club feed items are reported to club admins or Xbox support team. Tap on 'Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team' if the item you have selected is against Xbox terms of service. Select 'Club Admin' if the item does not belong in the club.
How to Report a Player in a Message
Some players send foul and indecent messages to others, making the gaming experience uncomfortable. Follow the steps shown below to report such players.
- Click on the 'Xbox' button on the controller to show the guide. Go through 'Communication' and select 'Conversations'.
- Move to the bottom of the message and press 'More'. The 'More' button appears under 'Reply'.
- Choose a reason for your reporting. The options provided are just like those shown when you want to report a player.
- Press 'Add Comment' to add more information. Write your complain and click on 'Report' to complete the process.
How to Report an Inappropriate Looking for Group Message:
- Go to your LFG post.
- Choose the text displaying the number of players interested.
- Select the Gamertag with the inappropriate message and press 'Report Message'.
- Tap on 'Inappropriate Message'.
- Click on 'Add Comment' to share your complaints. Tap on 'Report' when you finish.
Xbox One provides a safe place for players and takes strict measures for anyone who violates the code of conduct. The steps shown above are easy to follow if you feel threatened by any Gamertag. Contact Xbox One for additional information on https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Xbox
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Let Xbox One Know About an Issue with a Game or User?"?
After thousands of Xbox customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Let Xbox One Know About an Issue with a Game or User? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Xbox if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Xbox Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Xbox in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Let Xbox One Know About an Issue with a Game or User? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.