How Do I Report a Problem on Xbox One?
The team at Xbox offers a platform where users can report problems they encounter while using Xbox One. This enhances the gaming experience for the users on the platform. This article details the steps you should take when you want to report a new or known issue.
How to Report a Problem on Xbox One Using the Xbox Insider Hub
Promptly after encountering an issue or unexpected behavior from other users, you can report the occurrence using the following steps:
- Look for the Xbox icon and click on it.
- Tap on Report a problem option when the: What do you want to do? page appears. This will subsequently take you to Xbox Insider Hub App. You can use this app whenever you come across a problem.
How to Add Information to a Known Problem
- Beneath the Known Issues heading, choose the problem you have encountered.
- If you're able to show Xbox One the problem, choose the checkbox that says Include Screenshot/Include Video Capture.
However, video capture is only applicable for problems related with games.
- Choose +1 I Have This Problem.
To Report a New Problem
If you are experiencing an issue or witnessing unexpected behavior that is not stated among the Known Issues, you should report this particular issue as a new problem. Follow the steps stated below to accomplish this:
- Press the Xbox icon,
- A screen headed: What do you want to do? will appear. Select Report a problem to be directed to the Xbox Insider Hub application.
- Choose Add new problem.
- The Select category page will appear. Pick the most appropriate category that fits your problem.
- Head over to Select sub-category page and choose the most appropriate sub-category.
If you are not certain which category your problem fits in, simply take your best fitting guess. Xbox will still get and review your issue.
- If you can be able to show Xbox the problem, choose the checkbox for include screenshot/include video capture.
- Provide a heading and description for your problem. To type in your text more easily you can use: USB Keyboard, Xbox One Chatpad, Xbox App on your mobile gadget or Windows 10, or voice-to-text on Cortana.
- After entering the details of your problem, choose Done.
Will I Be Contacted After Reporting a Problem?
Ideally, Xbox would follow up with all the problems individually, but due to the large volume of feedback they get, this is not possible all the time. If the company has any extra questions regarding your problem, they will reach out to you using Xbox Live message or Xbox Insider Subreddit.
You can also contact the company via https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Xbox if you experience a problem.
How to Report a Player
If you want to report another Xbox One player who has behaved inappropriately or uploaded inappropriate material, you can follow the steps below:
- Click the Xbox icon on your page to open the guide.
- Proceed to People.
- Choose the gamer tag you want to report. If the person isn't your friend, choose Recent Players, or choose Find Someone and input the person's gamer tag to initiate search.
- On the player's profile pick Report or Block.
- Choose Report.
- Select any of these reasons for your report: Inappropriate player's name or gamer tag, heating, inappropriate player picture, the player used inappropriate/abusive/threatening language, unsporting behavior, or quitting early.
- Choose Add Comment to give more information and then press Report.
How to Report Somebody in a Message
Given that somebody has sent you an unexpected or disturbing text or voice message, you can choose to report them.
- Go to the Xbox icon and press it.
- Proceed to Communication and then click on Conversations.
- Beneath Reply choose More.
- Choose the reason for your report.
- Choose Add Comment to give more information and then choose Report.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Report a Problem on Xbox One?"?
After thousands of Xbox customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Report a Problem on Xbox One? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Xbox if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Xbox Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Xbox in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Report a Problem on Xbox One? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked a month ago
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
My kids are saying they have to pay the **$ plus a Xbox live pass is this true. What do...
I bought a gold membership on ******* for a year it is telling me now that it expires o...
Bought a card...it won't work..i need a call back. **********
Hi I have contacted you because of a problem with my Xbox account the name is PRoDiGy R...
My Xbox live membership is gone why is this