Having a passcode on your Xbox is a great way to manage the amount of time that children spend on games. It also helps parents and guardians manage the content that their children may be exposed to. It keeps them from accessing inappropriate content.
Did you forget the passcode for your Xbox 360? You can answer a few questions and reset it. You will be required to answer the questions that you set up when creating parental controls.
If you don't remember the answers to your passcode questions, you may have no choice but to reset it online. You can only reset your family settings passcodes if the console is registered in your name and you have an adult Microsoft account.
1. Sign in to your Microsoft account
2. Find your registered console
3. Click 'More Actions' and then 'Reset passcode'
4. Follow the prompts to complete the process
Deleting the Parental Control Settings
1. Open the Parental Locking Settings screen and click 'OK'
2. Enter your PIN as prompted
3. Using the arrow buttons, select 'Turn off Locking' and press 'OK'
4. Select 'Reset all Parental Locks' and then 'OK'
5. Select 'Reset all Parental Controls' and then click 'OK'
6. You will receive a message asking if you would like to reset the four-digit PIN and turn off parental locks
7. Click 'Reset' and then 'OK'
Open Settings and check the option 'Parent locking.' Confirm that it appears as turned off. There should no longer be a lock icon.
Contacting the Support Team
If you have trouble resetting your family settings passcode on Xbox, you may seek support from the customer service agents. If you are looking for help, the best way to contact Xbox is on the phone. You will have the chance to speak directly with a support agent.
The support agents may ask a few questions before they can help you. Try to answer them as fast as possible to speed up the process. In some cases, you may have to call a few times before you get help. Generally, the support agents are friendly and always willing to help.
Another alternative to speaking directly with a support agent is contacting them on live chat. You get the chance to speak directly with support agents. They will help you resolve your problem as soon as possible.
You may also seek support on the Xbox help desk. It is the first support option for many Xbox customers. As a result, they can answer your questions based on their previous experiences. The Xbox help desk has lots of help pages that address common Xbox issues and frequently asked questions. If you seek support on the help desk, you may not have to contact the support agents for help. If you end up going back and forth with customer service agents, they may advise you to reach them on the phone.