How Do I Recover My Yahoo Password Without a Security Question?
Although it is quite uncommon to forget your password, it can happen at the most inopportune time. In this digital era where you might have signed up on various social media platforms, mail service providers, and different websites, remembering all your passwords can sometimes be an uphill task.
Some people resort to using one password for multiple sites, but that only makes them vulnerable to cyber-attacks. If you fail to set up your browser to remember your passwords, you can be sure that you will forget at least one of your many passwords.
Have you forgotten your Yahoo password and security question and you are looking for a way of recovering your account? It might seem impossible, but there are options for you. Here is how you can recover your Yahoo account even if you have forgotten your password and security question.
How to Recover Your Yahoo Password Using Email Address/ Phone Number
If you forgot your password and security question, one of the best ways of recovering your Yahoo account is by using an alternate email address to change your account password or request Yahoo to send a new one-time password to your mobile phone. Follow these steps to accomplish your mission.
- Go to Yahoo.com and try to sign in to your account by clicking or tapping on the " Sign In Button" or the mail icon that is strategically located on the top right of the Yahoo website interface.
- Once you are there click on "Trouble Signing In" link. This will direct you to another page that provides you with ways of recovering your Yahoo account password.
- The pop-up window that appears will request you to enter your exact email address and then choose how you want to recover your password;either through your recovery email or recovery phone number.
- If you have access to your recovery email address that you have entered, simply click on the "Yes, send me an Account Key" option and wait for the recovery key to be sent to your recovery email address. If you can't access the recovery email, click on the "I don't have access to this email."
PS: If you had entered your phone number, a code that you can use to recover your account will be sent to you through an SMS. However, if you don't have access to the recovery phone proceed to the other steps outlined below.
- Click on the "I can't access my Account" button on the sign-in interface. Yahoo will then ask you to specify the kind of difficulty that you are experiencing.
- Choose the "I have a problem with my password" option from the list that appears and click on next.
- Yahoo will request you to enter your Yahoo ID in the next dialogue box that appears. Fill in your correct ID and click on next.
- An email that contains a comprehensive guide on how to recover your password will be sent to your alternate email address.
- In case you can't remember your Yahoo User ID, make sure that you click on the "I forgot My Yahoo User ID" in step two above. Fill the CAPTCHA option correctly, and an email will be sent to your alternate email address with a comprehensive guide on how to recover your Yahoo account.
Although this may seem like a long process to follow, it remains the best way to recover your Yahoo Account if you have forgotten your security question. Just make sure that you are doing the right thing at every stage and you will have your account back. Don't trust the various password recovery tools that you will encounter online.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Recover My Yahoo Password Without a Security Question?"?
After thousands of Yahoo customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Yahoo Password Without a Security Question? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Yahoo if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Yahoo Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Yahoo in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Yahoo Password Without a Security Question? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked a month ago
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
Hi, my phone was stolen. I can't ccess my emails. I would like to reset my password, pl...
Can i know my password last and first digit my id is *****@***.com
I cant login my id bcz i forget passwird, security question also but this id used my fb id
I cannot get into an old yahoo account of mine. I would like to rest my password or get...
I am not able to access my account , I forgot my password.**And mentioned mobile no and...