How Do I Recover My Yahoo Password Without the Phone Number or Email on the Account?
For some reason, many of us forget our email passwords. What would you do if you forgot the password to your Yahoo email account and cannot recover via your phone number and alternative email address? Here we have shown some tips that you can follow to recover your Yahoo password conveniently.
Recovery Using the Secret Question
If you have forgotten your Yahoo password and you no longer use the old phone number you registered your account with and cannot locate your alternative email address, you can use the Secret Question recovery option.
- To recover your old Yahoo password, first head over to the official account sign in section. Afterwards you will need to select Need Help? To be redirected to the section for password recovery.
- Once you have reached the next section, click on I don't remember password.
- The next step is to enter you valid Yahoo email address which you used while creating your Yahoo account.
- After you have entered your email ID, select options for password recovery. There are 3 options for password recovery: Mobile phone number, Alternative email address, and Secret questions. Any of the three can be used for password recovery.
- Choose the Secret Question password recovery option, you will be asked some secret questions, according to what you filled in when you first created your Yahoo account.
- Answer the given questions correctly so that you can recover your password. Enter the answer then click on Next.
- If you are successful, solve the captcha that appears and then you will be able to enter a new password for your account.
Follow the above steps and you will resolve the problem. Given that you have a problem answering the secret questions, contact Yahoo customer service to receive quick assistance.
How do You Contact Yahoo Customer Service?
There are several ways in which you can contact Yahoo:
- Yahoo helpline number: Yahoo has an active helpline number that clients can use at any time of day. If you have a problem recovering your password, then give them a call and connect with an experienced technician.
- Yahoo live chat: If you can't or don't want to call them, you can contact them through the live chat option. To use live chat, visit the Yahoo website and look for a small dialogue box to live chat with the customer service reps.
- Yahoo email: You can also send them an email to the Yahoo service team to air your views. But since you cannot access your account, because you have forgotten your password, this contact option might not be applicable.
Helpful Tips to Secure Your Yahoo Account from Hackers
Emails are crucial for many people therefore there's a need to safeguard them. The following are some useful tips you can use to make your email account safe from malicious persons.
- Do not use public computers or public Wi-Fi networks to log in to your email account.
- Do not share your password with anybody.
- Always clear the cache and cookies from the browser of choice prior to logging out of your session.
- Change the password regularly as this makes your account safer.
- Always use a password with alphanumeric characters as they are harder to guess.
To avoid forgetting your password, you should take the security and password of your account seriously from the day you create the email account.
- Choose a technique that you know will let you remember the password or regenerate it easily.
- The password should be strong to avoid attack by attackers
- Ensure you properly set up additional security options like mobile numbers, alternative email address and secret questions. You can write them down somewhere, but remember to keep the contents hidden.
All in all, take time and do it right from the start.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Recover My Yahoo Password Without the Phone Number or Email on the Account?"?
After thousands of Yahoo customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Yahoo Password Without the Phone Number or Email on the Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Yahoo if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Yahoo Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Yahoo in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Yahoo Password Without the Phone Number or Email on the Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.