Yahoo has been a pioneer of internet since its founding in January 1994 and they offer products ranging from their news and email pages to their search engine. In fact, their email service has more than 200 million users at present date. But what if you forgot your password and your phone number has changed? No worries, it's still possible to recover your account, as well as review useful tips to avoid such a problem in the future.
Getting Into Your Yahoo
1. Go to mail.yahoo.com
2. Type in your yahoo email address and then click on the Next button.
3. Next you'll see the prompt to type in your password. Click on Forgot Password instead.
4. You'll be taken to a screen with your current options to recover your account.
You will see the last four numbers of each phone number you provided as well as any email addresses that have been partially encrypted for your security.
5. You can choose one of these options or if you don't have access to any of those recovery emails or phone numbers listed, there is an I need more options link which will only work if you provided more contact information than what you were shown.
6. Select the method that you currently have access to and you'll be sent a security code to enter. Type it in or copy and paste.
7. Here, you will be prompted to select a new password. Please keep in mind that you'll get an error if your new password is too similar to your previous one.
8. Clicking continue will prompt you to update any needed information.
Some Key Points
1. It's best to sign in regularly to your yahoo so you don't forget your password and so that you can update your recovery information. Procrastination is rarely your friend in situations like this.
2. If you haven't signed into your Yahoo account for more than 12 months, your mailbox will be deactivated and all messages deleted, although your email address will remain in Yahoo's system.
3. If your inbox was deactivated, you'll still be able to recover your account but your inbox will have to be recreated.
4. If you are having trouble or no longer have access to any of your recovery options, then this is the only time that nothing can be done and it's recommended that you sign up for a new Yahoo account. If you have any questions, contact Yahoo here.
After thousands of Yahoo customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Reset My Yahoo If I Forgot My Password and I Changed My Phone Number? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Yahoo if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Yahoo in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Reset My Yahoo If I Forgot My Password and I Changed My Phone Number? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Call our Free Concierge and we will compare service and plans in your new home area and schedule all setup for the same day- free of charge! Get a better deal on all your services in 1 call, and let us make scheduling easy for you.Call Free: 888-959-6783Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers and schedule multiple technicians