Yelp is an online business review platform and business directory service headquartered in San Francisco. The platform publishes crowd sourced reviews from customers of the listed establishments.
To use Yelp, whether as a business owner or as a reviewer, you need to set up an account on the platform. Through your account you can write or respond to reviews. Your account as a business owner will then be rated according to the reviews.
It is often the case that yelp users forget their account passwords. The same goes for Yelpers as well as the business accounts. You may also decide to reset your password if you have been using the same one for too long or you are worried that your account has been compromised.
If you simply forgot your password, you should open the Yelp website and then click 'Forgot Password' on the site's homepage. You will be prompted to submit your email address and then click 'Reset Password.' Yelp will send you instructions as to how to rest your account password.
If you want to change your password for other reasons, you will have to log in to your account
There are different ways to reset your account password for business owners and Yelp reviewers. There are also shared processes through which you can reset your password. Both can reset their passwords through the following process:
1. Launch your browser and open the Yelp website. For business owners they will have to go to biz.yelp.com
2. Enter your log in credentials on the Yelp homepage and then click 'Log In'
3. Once on your account page, click the Yelp profile icon located at the top right-hand corner of the page
4. A drop-down menu will appear. Click 'Account Settings' and you will be redirected to a page with other links such as 'Locations,' 'Email/Notifications' and 'Sharing Settings for Twitter and Facebook'
5. Click the link labeled 'Password' and you will be prompted to log in to your account once more
6. Your email address tab will already be filled so type your current password into the empty field and click 'Log In'
7. Click the empty 'Current password' field and then enter your existing password
8. Enter your new password in the tab aptly labelled 'New password'
9. Type your new password once again in the empty 'Verify new password' box
10. You will be notified if the fields have been filled correctly. If so, click 'Save New Password' and confirm the password reset.
Business Owners on Yelp can also change their account passwords through the mobile app. The process to perform a password reset on the Yelp Business Owners app is as follows:
1. Open the app from your iPhone or Android device
2. For Android devices, open the 'Sidebar Menu' or tap 'More' if you have an iPhone
3. Tap 'Account Information'
4. Tap 'Change Password'
5. You will be requested to input your current password and then your new password
6. Confirm the above details and then click 'Save.' Try logging in with your new password to confirm the change.
If you have trouble changing your Yelp password through the above processes, you should contact Yelp customer support for help.
You can do by following these steps:
1. Launch your web browser and open the Yelp website
2. Scroll to the bottom of the home page and under 'Support' click 'Contact Us'
3. Click 'please contact our Support team' to fill the account inquiry form.
4. Describe your concerns, submit your email address and then click 'Send' when done.
You can also find Yelp's customer support information on GetHuman.
After thousands of Yelp customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Reset My Yelp Password? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Yelp if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Yelp in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Reset My Yelp Password? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Anytime: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies