How Do I Cancel My Youtube Premium and Get My Money Back?
YouTube Premium, formerly YouTube Red, comes with many advantages that numerous viewers appreciate, but it is not everybody's cup of tea and you might find yourself wanting to terminate your membership on YouTube Premium.
Whether you are taking a break from using YouTube and other social media platforms, cutting back on all your paid subscriptions on the net, or just wanting to cancel your membership before the free trial ends, canceling a YouTube Premium subscription is possible and fairly straight forward.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Membership on a Web Browser
You can unsubscribe from YouTube Premium from within any up-to-date web browser on a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer provided you are signed into your YouTube account. Follow the steps below:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to YouTube.com.
- Click on your individual avatar on the top right side of your screen.
- Select Paid Memberships.
- On the YouTube Premium box, choose Cancel Memberships.
- You might be required to give a reason for unsubscribing from YouTube Premium. Choose your reason and click Next.
- You'll now be required to confirm the cancellation. Select Yes, Cancel to successfully terminate the YouTube Premium membership and go back to a free-of-charge account on YouTube.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Membership on Mobile Apps
YouTube Premium membership can also be canceled on the official iOS and Android YouTube Apps. These are the steps to follow:
- On your Android or iOS gadget, open your YouTube app.
- Look for your profile picture on the top-right side and tap on it.
- Select Paid Memberships.
- Beneath YouTube Premium choose Manage.
- You will be required to open a web link in an internet browser app. Choose Open next to your preferred browser.
- The web browser you choose should open and load your paid memberships' mobile internet version. Beneath YouTube Premium choose Cancel Membership.
- Select Yes, cancel to terminate your YouTube Premium membership.
After you have cancelled your YouTube Premium membership, you will lose access to the following premium perks:
- Ad-free viewing: Subscribers to YouTube Premium have the privilege of not seeing banner advertisements or any other video advertisements while using YouTube.
- Offline viewing: People with YouTube Premium memberships can easily download some videos they like to their YouTube iOS or Android app for later viewing.
- YouTube Originals: YouTube Premium members enjoy unlimited access to television series, specials and films made exclusively for them. E.g. Cobra Kai (a Karate Kid sequel series).
- Background Play: Subscribers on this platform can listen to YouTube music and other videos with the mobile app minimized on their smartphone or tablet.
- YouTube Music Premium: Members of YouTube Premium have access to a fully ad-free YouTube Music Library which also offers offline listening options.
Can You Get A Refund After Cancelling A YouTube Premium Membership?
You can cancel your YouTube premium membership any time. Once your subscription is cancelled, you won't be charged again. However, you should note that you will not be refunded for the period between when you first cancel and when the membership is officially ended.
If content or any features connected to your YouTube premium membership are not available, defective or fail to perform as required, you can contact YouTube's support team to ask for a refund at whatever time. YouTube does provide refunds for partly elapsed billing times.
Given that you are a YouTube Premium member who set up an account using iTunes, you will be required to get in touch with Apple Support to ask for a refund for your paid membership.
Is YouTube Red the same as YouTube Premium?
Yes, they are the same. YouTube Red was the initial name of this premium service and it was later changed to YouTube Premium. A lot of early users still call this service YouTube Red, just out of habit.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Cancel My Youtube Premium and Get My Money Back?"?
After thousands of YouTube customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Cancel My Youtube Premium and Get My Money Back? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting YouTube if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for YouTube Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like YouTube in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Cancel My Youtube Premium and Get My Money Back? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.