How do I recover my eBay account?
Sometimes people stop selling on eBay, and years later, decide that they want to try and make some extra money from the auction site again. If you've previously had positive eBay reviews, it makes sense to use the same account. If you have an old eBay account that you wish to start using again, all you need to do is sign in.
To recover your account, you can sign in using your user ID and password, if you've forgotten these, click on the appropriate tab and follow the instructions to set up a new one.
In some cases, if your account has been inactive for many years, eBay may have closed it. If this is the case, you will need to start again from scratch and won't be able to use the same name again. If you've previously gone through eBay's close account' process or if you've had severe multiple policy violations and your account's been closed, then you won't be able to recover it.
Tips to Help You Recover Your eBay Account
If you have problems signing into your eBay account, try these tips, which will hopefully allow you to access your account.
1. Ensure that both the user ID and password are correct; ensure that the caps lock is turned off on your keyboard.
2. Make sure your browser's autocomplete feature is disabled. This might be inputting incorrect information.
3. Disable predictive text if you're trying to sign in on a mobile device, as this could be changing your ID and password.
4. Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache.
Reset Your eBay Password
Whether you're an eBay buyer or seller, follow these simple instructions to reset your password and recover your eBay account.
1. Try logging in with your old user ID and password. If these aren't working or you've forgotten your password, you'll need to request your user ID from eBay and reset your password. If you can remember your password but have forgotten your user ID, you can log in using your email address and password.
2. To reset your password, click on ‘Reset your password.' eBay will then send you an email with instructions and a link to reset your password. You should receive the email within five minutes and should look in your spam folder if you haven't received it.
You can also request that a temporary password be sent via text message to your mobile phone if you prefer. eBay will only do this if you've previously registered your mobile number on your eBay account.
Reset Your eBay User ID
If you've forgotten your user ID, you can click on ‘Forgot Your User ID' and put in the email address that you used when you first registered with eBay. You'll then receive an email from eBay within 24 hours with your User ID.
Contact eBay Customer Service
If you've tried to reset your password and still can't access your eBay account, you may like to contact eBays customer service team who will offer further assistance. In some cases, eBay may have closed your account, and you'll need to open a new one if you plan to start selling again.
After thousands of eBay customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Ebay Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting eBay if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like eBay in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Ebay Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies