How do I turn off auto renewal on iTunes?
If you've tried out the trial version of the iTunes app for free, then you'll need to cancel it before it auto renews and you are charged. To stop iTunes from renewing, you'll need to turn off the autorenewal feature, which you can do either from your iPhone or computer. Follow these simple steps to avoid future billing.
Turn off automatic renewal using your iPhone
You can cancel your iTunes automatic renewal using your iPhone or another Apple device such as an iPad or iPod.
1. Using your iPhone or device, navigate to ‘Settings,' which can be found on the Home screen.
2. Then find the App and iTunes Stores option and open it up.
3. You can then click on ‘View Apple ID.' You may be asked for a password, which you can enter when prompted.
4. Next, you'll see a page that displays the Account Settings. You can click on ‘Manage,' which can be found under the Subscriptions section. This will allow you to view your subscriptions.
5. You can then choose the subscription you want to cancel. You'll see information on the screen about your subscription. This will include billing dates. If you want to turn off iTunes automatic renewals, you can do so on this page by turning off automatic renewals. Your iTunes automatic subscription will now be canceled, and you won't be charged anything more.
Turn off auto renewal using your computer
If you prefer, you can cancel your iTunes auto-renewals using your laptop or computer. Follow these steps if you don't have access to an iPhone or Apple device:
1. The first thing you need to do is launch iTunes by clicking on the iTunes icon on your computer. You'll then see your iTunes library and can click on the iTunes store, which is located on the top toolbar.
2. Then click on the account link located on the right-hand side of the screen. If you don't see this, you can also click on ‘Store,' which is on the top menu bar. Then select ‘View Account.'
3. You'll then be asked to log into your iTunes account if you're not already logged in. After logging in, you'll be able to see a screen with your account information.
4. Click on ‘manage,' which can be found under ‘Settings.' This will show you your subscriptions and allow you to manage them. You'll be able to view the auto renewal dates and cancel your subscriptions.
3. Click on ‘Edit,' which is located at the right of the subscription you want to change. You'll then be confronted with an edit subscription screen.
4. You can then change the auto renewal button from on to off and confirm your selection. You will now have turned off Auto-Renewals.
Contact iTunes Customer Service Team
If you're having problems canceling your iTunes autorenewal using the above method, you may like to contact the iTunes customer service team. You can contact an iTunes representative either by phone, email, or through live chat on the iTunes website.
After thousands of iTunes customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Turn Off Auto Renewal on Itunes? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting iTunes if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like iTunes in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Turn Off Auto Renewal on Itunes? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers